Royal Abkhazi

Bergamot, Black Teas, Vanilla Bean, Vanilla Extract
Edit tea info Last updated by Dinosara

• “I brought this one with me when I went out today. It's delicious (as always), but it loses something in the travel mug. I'm really preferring my 12 oz ceramic mug from sbux, even though it doesn't...” Read full tasting note
    OMGsrsly 1165 tasting notes
  • “I have *OMGsrsly* to thank for this sample, although at the leaf to water ratio that is recommended it is more than just a sample! I drink 12oz cups of tea at work, so I estimated about 0.75 tsp...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 1851 tasting notes
  • “Having only gotten into fine loose leaf teas this year, I've avoided buying flavored teas while I've gotten acquainted, especially since I often share this with my aunt, and she prefers her tea...” Read full tasting note
    harmony_bites 80 tasting notes

From Silk Road

Tea of refinement.

Flavour profile: a graceful blend of black teas, with notes of soft florals, alluring vanilla and warm citrus.

Ingredients: black teas, bergamot essence, vanilla beans and essence.

About Silk Road View company

I brought this one with me when I went out today. It’s delicious (as always), but it loses something in the travel mug. I’m really preferring my 12 oz ceramic mug from sbux, even though it doesn’t seal at all. Too bad I haven’t found a ceramic travel mug with no silicone bits I have to touch, and a (mostly) sealing lid!

In other news, I made delicious delicious fries today for dinner. I used avocado oil (takes higher temps than olive oil), and made a dipping sauce with tahini, garlic, lime juice, S&P. So good. Do it. Please. I’m going to try with ghee at some point. :)

Courtney

That sounds delish!

OMGsrsly

The fries were SO GOOD, but now I’m SO FULL. Food coma time. Maybe I should have some puerh. :)

Courtney

Food comas are exactly when I have the pine tree tea from Verdant hah!

Fjellrev

They sound awesome!

teataku

If you ever did find a ceramic to-go mug that doesn’t have any silicone… let me know? I don’t mind silicone, but my husband HATES it. I got him a Cosco brand one that’s metal and plastic, but he said the metal gives it a funny taste. So… I’m still looking.

OMGsrsly

Check Starbucks. Occasionally they have them, with hard plastic lids. The lids just don’t close. I do like mine a lot, but I’d like to be able to put it in my bag so I can have hands free when I’m standing on the bus!

I have OMGsrsly to thank for this sample, although at the leaf to water ratio that is recommended it is more than just a sample! I drink 12oz cups of tea at work, so I estimated about 0.75 tsp for my cup (recommended: 1 tsp for 16oz).

This is an interesting tea. It is decidedly not a typical Earl Grey Cream, although it contains those flavors. The flavors were fairly subtle in this one, and although I wouldn’t call the cup weak, I will probably try this with a bit more leaf before rating it. The bergamot had a sweetish, cookie-type quality (that probably only I actually associate with cookies, haha), which was accentuated by the vanilla. At the same time, the vanilla was pretty laid back and not overwhelmingly creamy. Very interesting tea! Glad I have enough of it to experiment with.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 0 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
OMGsrsly

Isn’t that a RIDICULOUS ratio? I started with loose tea at Silk Road and could not understand why other teas called for 1 tsp per 6 oz. :) I like it my new ‘normal’ way, which is 2 tsp, as well as the original way.

Having only gotten into fine loose leaf teas this year, I’ve avoided buying flavored teas while I’ve gotten acquainted, especially since I often share this with my aunt, and she prefers her tea unflavored. This tea was given me as a Christmas gift. It’s basically Earl Grey with vanilla. The Silk Road site says it’s a blend of Ceylon, Indian and China black teas with bergamot and vanilla. Maybe that’s why this tastes like dessert to me. A rich indulgence—I can really taste the vanilla and it really compliments this blend. I imagine this would partner well with milk, but I really don’t want to in any way hide the flavor. A real pleasure.