Moonlight on the Grove

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jillian

• “I purchased a few sample tins when I was at Silk Road in Victoria recently... still haven't tried them all! I've been having a relaxing evening, I took a shower with some lovely jasmine scented...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2163 tasting notes
  • “Light and cheery this is one of few green teas I enjoy. The jasmine is clearly present with peaky sweet flowery notes that make me feel happy with only the slightest green grassy taste in the...” Read full tasting note
    ramkitty 11 tasting notes

From Silk Road

Pure poetry

Flavour profile: the intoxicating taste of jasmine mingles with delicate green tea.

Ingredients: Chinese green tea grown at 1500 feet in Fujian Province, jasmine blossoms.

About Silk Road View company

I purchased a few sample tins when I was at Silk Road in Victoria recently… still haven’t tried them all!

I’ve been having a relaxing evening, I took a shower with some lovely jasmine scented soap and then decided I would try this tea. I’m not a huge fan of jasmine teas, when I drink them I normally go for a jasmine pearl.

The first thing I noticed when I opened the tin was the presence of some dried jasmine flowers. I steeped this for around 2-3 minutes.

For a jasmine tea it’s pretty nice, the flavoring seems very natural and not as soapy or bitter as some jasmines I’ve tried. I’m not sure about this fujian green tea, it doesn’t have a lot of flavor in and of itself but it makes a nice backdrop for the jasmine. I like the name of this tea, it’s very poetic and the effect is light and dreamy. I’d consider getting some more of this if Silk Road wasn’t so far away!

…hopefully this is the start to a lovely relaxing weekend

Did you get their 25% off coupon for your next rider online when you picked those up?

TeaBrat

Nooo. Shipping to the US is really expensive!

Light and cheery this is one of few green teas I enjoy. The jasmine is clearly present with peaky sweet flowery notes that make me feel happy with only the slightest green grassy taste in the background. Steep light and cool and drink when feeling down, tired or hot for a refreshing pick me up. Have successfully infused for a tasty cocktail. My only critique is that taste has varied between batches and stock is not assured.