Summer Shangri-la

Edit tea info Last updated by Jillian

• “Tea of the morning here, I still have some of this mini tin left so I was trying to decide if I should force myself to drink the rest or just chuck the bit that's remaining. I can't really get into...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2397 tasting notes
  • “Got new meds from a doctor at the local youth clinic yesterday, and unlike the ones the walk-in clinic gave me a week and a half prior, these ones don't make everything taste like rusty metal, so I...” Read full tasting note
    Ceylon Star 74 tasting notes

From Silk Road

Tea of Lazy Summer Days
Flavour profile: Ripe peaches & seductive vanilla create a spectacular tea.

Ingredients: Black tea, calendula flowers, lavender blossoms, citrus peel, vanilla beans, and peach fruit essence.

About Silk Road View company

Tea of the morning here, I still have some of this mini tin left so I was trying to decide if I should force myself to drink the rest or just chuck the bit that’s remaining. I can’t really get into lavender as an ingredient in tea although I love it in bath products. What I get here is vanilla, lavender and fruit and it’s definitely girly and more appropriate as an afternoon tea for sure. I’m trying to see if I can forgo caffeine after 12 pm because I’m just having too many problems sleeping these days.

Shelley_Lorraine

I feel the same way about lavender in tea, it always reminds me of bath soap. I did, however, have a really tasty lavender yogurt one time.

MzPriss

I’m having the sleep issue as well and I am doing the same thibg, Decaf after noon. Sadly decaf is less than satifying. I like really full bodied tea and I haven’t found what I’m looking for in a decaf yet.

TeaBrat

The Decaf Paris from Harney and Sons is the best I’ve found yet. Also the decaf Sakurambo from Lupicia is pretty good too.

MzPriss

I have a sample of the decaf Paris. I don’t remember much about it. I should try it again. Also, I would be happy to send you a bit of my favorite Keemun to see if you like it any better than the ones you’ve tried. It is from The Steeping Room in Austin and its really good.

TeaBrat

MzPriss – sure! send me a DM

Got new meds from a doctor at the local youth clinic yesterday, and unlike the ones the walk-in clinic gave me a week and a half prior, these ones don’t make everything taste like rusty metal, so I can actually ENJOY my tea!

Sadly, I taste absolutely zero peach in this. It’s a sweet, lightly floral black. Nothing to really write home about.

I’ll finish what I have, but it won’t be a restock. I prefer the Royal Abkhazi and Victoria 150 Anniversary blends better when I want sweet and floral.

OMGsrsly

That’s too bad. This one sounds pretty nice. Yay for new meds, though. :)