London Fog

Stonefruits, Vanilla
Edit tea info Last updated by mpartea

• “Received this one from the amazing *AshleyE* as another Holiday card surprise. This is such an awesome community. I love London Fog, this is a tea that had been on my radar for the next time I...” Read full tasting note
    Lala1 754 tasting notes
  • “Tea of the afternoon here. I woke up from a nap a little while ago and was thinking about going out for coffee. Instead I ended up making a tea. : ) This was part of my haul from Silk Road in...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2307 tasting notes
  • “Well, here’s another Earl Grey, vamped up for olfactory purposes, from Silk Road. Instead of a crazy orange scent it’s crazy vanilla that comes wafting from the tin. It’s strong but I can still...” Read full tasting note
    CrowKettle 489 tasting notes
  • “Oh, London Fog, I am so happy you are back in my life. Hopefully for good now. This tea is so delicious it's hard to describe. There's no mistake about the creamy vanilla in this tea but I get a...” Read full tasting note
    ashleyelizabeth 190 tasting notes

From Silk Road

Tea of Possibility

flavour profile: classic bergamot with a smooth vanilla note
ingredients: Ceylon black tea, vanilla beans, vanilla and bergamot fruit essence

About Silk Road View company

Received this one from the amazing AshleyE as another Holiday card surprise. This is such an awesome community.

I love London Fog, this is a tea that had been on my radar for the next time I made an order. So I was super happy for this surprise.

The dry tea smells mostly like an earl grey crème. The brewed tea, while initially hot tasted fairly similar to a London fog. It was earl grey and milky and creamy. Not earl grey crème but like London Fog – which is different. The only thing that was missing was the thickness of the liquor you get from the steamed milk. But quickly after it started to cool it became more just an earl grey crème. And as it cooled further it started to become astringent.

Overall a good tea, a really interesting and well done idea. I am happy to have tried this one. Unfortunately, I think I still prefer my Starbucks London Fog – Oh, excuse me – my Starbucks earl grey latte :P

Fjellrev

I still haven’t tried the London Fog at SB!

This was part of my haul from Silk Road in Victoria last year. Traditionally I’m not really keen on bergamots, but the vanilla and fruit flavor makes it pretty tasty. I think there is something a bit “soapy” about the bergamot here that I’ve noticed before in Earl Grey.

Flavors: Stonefruits, Vanilla

Well, here’s another Earl Grey, vamped up for olfactory purposes, from Silk Road. Instead of a crazy orange scent it’s crazy vanilla that comes wafting from the tin. It’s strong but I can still smell the underlying bergamot whereas I couldn’t with the Canton Orange tea (I’m still chocked and wanting some oranges). Anyways, I’d like to think I was more prepared for a plain old cup of Earl Grey this time.

Straight, this tastes like a typical astringent cup of Earl Grey, lightly flavoured with vanilla. The magic starts when the milk is added. It’s so very smooth and creamy with only a hint of bold citrus- reminding me of a squeeze of lemon accentuating a rich sauce. This tea really lives up to its name sake.

I can’t wait to have this as a latté and when it starts to get cooler. Now I know why the London Fog was never in stock when I went to go try it last winter.

Oh, London Fog, I am so happy you are back in my life. Hopefully for good now. This tea is so delicious it’s hard to describe. There’s no mistake about the creamy vanilla in this tea but I get a slight hint of root beer as well, maybe that’s supposed to be the bergamot? Either way, it’s awesome!

Interesting!

I had my last bit of this tea in my mug this morning, on the first day of school for the semester. I really like it, but I think that when I’m not awake I need either something with a LOT of flavour, or something that’s just really strong. It’s definitely on my repurchase list, if I get to Victoria again this summer, along with their Royal Abkhazi and Golden Phoenix.

Wednesday morning I think I’ll have Steam Tea House’s Ginger Peach. Or maybe I’ll go buy something else tomorrow, because my order from Tealux still hasn’t made it to my house…