Seamist

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by ashleyelizabeth

• “Listed on the tin as ingredients are lemongrass, peppermint leaves--and <i>seaweed.</i> Given that last I didn't think I'd like this at all. I haven't liked the taste of seaweed when I've tried it,...” Read full tasting note
    harmony_bites 80 tasting notes
  • “mint, lemongrass... lovely. i can barely detect the seaweed in the smell of the steeped tea, and just a little bit more in the flavour, but it works well overall. a nice herbal! refreshing on...” Read full tasting note
    mpartea 125 tasting notes

From Silk Road

Mermaid’s potion

Flavour profile: an enticing blend of crisp mint & sweet lemongrass, with a restorative seaweed note.

Ingredients: lemongrass, peppermint leaves, seaweed.

About Silk Road View company

Listed on the tin as ingredients are lemongrass, peppermint leaves—and seaweed. Given that last I didn’t think I’d like this at all. I haven’t liked the taste of seaweed when I’ve tried it, and the entire reason I haven’t liked the unflavored green teas I’ve had is because of a vegetal or seaweed like taste to them. However they blended this though, they did a wonderful job. Looking at the mix in the tin the lemongrass definitely predominates, and that citrusy/gingery taste is what’s most obvious in the brew, but the kick of peppermint is certainly there too. I can’t really detect the seaweed, though no doubt it makes its contribution. It’s light, soothing. I really liked this!

(Or rather I really loved the first steeping. I resteeped it for about 9 minutes and didn’t like the result at all—dumped half of it undrunk. On that second steeping I could really smell—and taste—the seaweed and it wasn’t to the good. Less of a minty taste and far more bitter, even with increasing the sweetener. Guess that this is a one-steeping tea.)

mint, lemongrass… lovely. i can barely detect the seaweed in the smell of the steeped tea, and just a little bit more in the flavour, but it works well overall.
a nice herbal! refreshing on winter evenings :)

Boiling 8 min or more