Snow Apple Spice

Cinnamon, Apple
Edit tea info Last updated by ashleyelizabeth

From Silk Road

Flavour profile: cosy apples mingle with warming spices & mouth-watering vanilla

Ingredients: black tea, cinnamon, ginger, vanilla beans & apple essence

About Silk Road View company

ahh I don’t remember who sent this because I pushed it aside from the other 12 days stuff: if someone could remind me that’d be awesome because I LOVE this.

Reading the description, I was thinking apple pie but it’s more like apple cider. In fact I think I am going to bring home steamed apple juice from work and add some to a stronger steeped cup of this…that sounds like it’d be fantastic.

I’m glad to have finally found a spiced apple tea that isn’t disgusting. While I have a ton of Mom’s Apple Pie, that one has more pastry notes to it than this one does plus I think the difference in a black base vs a green base makes this one more my style for a cider-y type.

Now to write a couple iced tea related notes and I am all caught up, haha.

Sipdown! I’m doing better at them… it is hard though.

I really like this one the first cup I had. I was in a bit of a hurry this morning when I steeped it, but did pay attention to temperature and time. I’m not sure what was different, but I didn’t like it as well this time around. I’m thinking that with my being in a hurry I should have picked something more basic and not fruity. I don’t think I was in the mindset to embrace what I was drinking.

If this ever came my way again, or if I ever decided to order from Silk Road, I would probably try this again because I liked it so much the first time. I do think I would make sure I drank it when I had time to savor it and might even save it for the Fall season as it would be awesome then. Thanks EvaGrimm for sharing some of this with me!

Flavors: Apple

Spiced apple tea doesn’t thrill me. They are so common and I have tried so many, but this being Silk Road and also a new holiday blend, I figured I had to try it.

The most prominent flavour is the cinnamon, but the apple is also very noticeable. I am not getting any vanilla notes, but I usually can’t detect vanilla unless it’s on its own or maybe with one other flavour. The flavour of this tea is a very natural apple pie flavour, like home made apple pie as opposed to store bought. This tea is really well done, but it’s not a flavour I need to have stocked. If I did need to have an apple spiced tea on hand, this tea would be it.

KatieK included this as an extra in the 12 days of Christmas swap. Thank you!

The flavors of this are so nice. The apple makes this tea naturally sweet and the cinnamon is light but makes the tea somewhat like apple cider. My first cup of this was a little weak. For my next try I will add a bit more leaf and maybe a touch of sugar. The 12 days of Christmas swap has allowed me to try a lot of teas I would have never picked out for myself. This is another one that I would have never picked on my own, but I am really really enjoying.

2039 tasting notes

There is spice. And apple. And I’m enjoying this mug of this tea.

But is there snow? :P

Thankfully no. Its unseasonably cold enough right now. I snuck out and turned the building thermostat up. :)

I love how you’re drinking all the Victoria teas I nearly got before moving away but didn’t haha.

Well, I went shopping on the weekend… :)