Lady Earl Grey Black

Edit tea info Last updated by Short Sorceress

• “I have been awake since 3:00 am. I wanted, no I need, black tea this morning but I didn't want to open a new package. I have a zillion open right now. Couldn't find a straight black open. So I...” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1166 tasting notes
  • “*Many thanks to Andrew at Simple Loose Leaf who provided me with a $50 credit to use towards their subscription service. This was the first tea that I was sent in my six month plan.* My first cup...” Read full tasting note
    shortsorceress 1621 tasting notes

From Simple Loose Leaf

Our very popular Earl Grey blend of citrus bergamot over an extraordinary Nilgiri Black Tea with the added indulgence of Vanilla. This mouthwatering combination is the perfect invigorating treat. For the famed “London Fog” effect, add steamed milk and enjoy a smooth and creamy delight.

South Indian Flower Orange Pekoe Black Tea, Earl Grey Flavor, Vanilla Flavor, Cornflowers

About Simple Loose Leaf View company

I have been awake since 3:00 am. I wanted, no I need, black tea this morning but I didn’t want to open a new package. I have a zillion open right now. Couldn’t find a straight black open. So I decided Earl Grey. I have at least 6 Earl Greys including green, white, creme, mint, etc, but I don’t seem to have a single straight EG. How did that happen? I can’t justify another purchase right now. Well, I could but the wife would give me the look – you all know what I’m talking about, you’ve seen it from your loved ones. So I’m having Lady Earl Grey today. Wonderfully smooth Nilgiri base and creamy vanilla. I do wish the bergamot was a little more front and center and the vanilla less so. A good cup none the less.

My 1000 tasting note! It took me three years. I think Sil and Terri did it in 6 months :)

Lala

Congrats on hitting the 1000 mark!!

Veronica

Congrats on 1000! That’s a lot of tea. :)

WOOHOO!!! congrats on reaching 1000 – that’s rock solid! :)

Rosehips

Congrats on 1000 notes! Wow, I am in awe.

Terri HarpLady

Yeah!!! You rock K!!

TheTeaFairy

Yeah, we know «the look»…
CONGRATS, 1000 is quite an accomplishment, it shows real dedication to this place!
(Don’t worry about how long it took you, After 3 years, I’m at a fat 90, yay, go me! Lol)

Tea Sipper

Happy 1,000!

My first cup of tea was prepared at 208°F (3m), which is one of the preset temperatures on my water boiler. Initially I found the tea to be overly astringent while hot, much more so than I care to drink. I let the tea cool to room temperature and the astringency disappeared, leaving me with a nice strong cup of Earl Grey with a hint of vanilla peaking through. This will be my chosen temperature for when I want to drink this tea either iced or at room temperature because once it cooled I was left with a great bold flavor that I enjoyed, but none of the astringency that I found while it was hot.

Seeing that 208°F left me with a more astringent cup that I preferred I decided to drop the temperature down to 205°F (3m) for my next cup. This left me with a nearly perfect cup of tea. It had a bold flavor, similar to my previous cup, followed up by a hint of vanilla and only the smallest bit of astringency.

Check out the full review on my blog

If you’re considering an order with Simple Loose Leaf use coupon code NSYSELECTION25 to receive 25% off.

K S

Oooh, I have this one coming too. Thanks for the heads up. I’ll remember to cool the water a bit.