Four Horsemen Black

Edit tea info Last updated by Short Sorceress

From Simple Loose Leaf

A delicious blend of four of our most loved black teas. Rich and malty Assam provides an aromatic chocolatey note to the floral and sweet Darjeeling, while the crisp Keemun and peppery Yunnan create a strong backbone to this incredible blend. The varying flavor profiles balance each other perfectly to create a smooth, strong breakfast tea to suit any palate.

Darjeeling 2nd Flush, Assam Fine Tippy Golden Flower Orange Pekoe Black Tea, Organic Keemun Breakfast Black Tea, Yunnan Breakfast Black Tea

About Simple Loose Leaf View company

I found the combination of Darjeeling, Assam, Keemun, and Yunnan Black teas to be nearly perfect. Each tea contributed some of it’s best parts for a delicately balanced breakfast blend. The 2nd Flush Darjeeling lent a bit of astringency and hints of fruit (perhaps the illusive muscatel notes people often refer to when describing Darjeeling?) The Assam contributed a rich, almost chocolatey flavor, giving the tea a nice smooth taste. There were hints of sharp, crisp smoke from the Keemun and from the Yunnan a bold, malty flavor. This tea ended up being one that was complex and full of contrasts, bold yet smooth, rich up front with a mellow aftertaste. It has everything I was looking for in a breakfast blend.

I had fully intended to try this out as an iced tea because I think it would be wonderful, but I think you’ll understand why I didn’t do that this week. Who wants to drink iced tea when it is -15°F outside? Not me, that’s for sure.

You can read the rest of the review on my blog:

If you’re considering an order with Simple Loose Leaf use coupon code NSYSELECTION25 to receive 25% off.

Backlog:

This is one of the “free samples” that Simple Loose Leaf sent me to compensate for the fact that I didn’t flip for the cocoa cream tea. I was really happy with their efforts to make that situation right, even though the fault was all mine. I like it when a company treats their customers right!

This is a really good blend. It would make a really good, hefty sort of breakfast blend – it’s got some gusto to it. Rich and full-flavored, with notes of smoke, malt and spice.

A really good tea.