Gunpowder Organic Green

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Short Sorceress

From Simple Loose Leaf

Named for its shape, Gunpowder is one of the most popular teas throughout Asia. Our harvesters use a special rolling technique to craft these shiny, compact nuggets of tea out of the freshest, sweetest leaves. The result is immaculately clean, translucent liquor with a smooth, round taste followed by the subtle aftertaste of fresh green leaves.

Brewing Instructions
2 – 3 tsp or 2.3 g of tea for every 8 oz of water. 180°F , steep for 2 to 3 minutes.

About Simple Loose Leaf View company

A really high quality gunpowder green, I love that this is organic. A pleasant, smooth texture … brothy. Thick and silky. It has the flavor of lima beans … only sweeter. Buttery with a toasted nut tone. A very clean and fresh taste.

Here’s my full-length review:

This tea was part of the March Selection Club I feel that part of the fun in signing up for a tea club is the chance to discover something new so when I selecting my teas for the March Selection Club, I decided to break out of the box a little so to speak, I selected two teas that wouldn’t normally appeal to me. I’ve never really been a fan of gunpowder green tea, oftentimes it is either heavily smoky or astringent and those types of flavors have never appealed to me. Up until now I haven’t found one that I would consider finishing a full cup of, but this tea was different, there was only a subtle smoky flavor that I found pleasant, rather than overwhelming. Even though this is a tea I wouldn’t order again, I’m not really a fan of smoky teas no matter how subtle, I would highly recommend it to those of you who do enjoy them. The quality of this tea is wonderful and it’s organic to boot. I’m really glad I selected this tea for my March box, it gives me hope that one day I may enjoy a small handful of smoky teas.

For the full review of the March Box you can visit my blog:

Simple Loose Leaf has provided me with one free month of their Selection Club