Russian Caravan Black

Assam Fine Tippy Golden Flower Orange Pekoe Black Tea, Chinese Keemun Black Tea, Lapsang Souchong
Edit tea info Last updated by Awkward Soul

• “Backlog: I just realized it's been nearly two weeks since my last tasting note! Yikes. Rest assured, I've not given up drinking tea, just ... have been otherwise distracted. Heavily smoked...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4303 tasting notes
  • “Whoa, this black was intense! I'm glad I tried a straight Lapsang Souchong yesterday so I was able to ID it out of the rest of the blacks in this black blend. In Russian Caravan Black is Lapsang...” Read full tasting note
    awkwardsoul 1010 tasting notes

From Simple Loose Leaf

Harmoniously blending the smokiness of Lapsang Souchong, the malty chocolate flavor of Assam and the crisp and smooth flavor of Keemun, “Russian Caravan” is a welcome addition to our family of teas. Best when enjoyed hot, this rich and soothing blend of fine black teas will warm your soul and enliven your mind.

Measure the desired amount of tea leaves and place into a teapot or teacup. Use 1 tsp or 2.3 g of tea leaves for every 8 oz. (1 cup) of water.
Bring the water to a rolling boil at 212 degrees F (100 degrees C).
Add enough hot water to submerse the tea leaves and let it sit for a few seconds before pouring out the water. Warming the tea leaves and teaware allow for a better brew.
Add boiling water and let the tea leaves steep for 3 to 5 minutes.

About Simple Loose Leaf View company

Backlog:

I just realized it’s been nearly two weeks since my last tasting note! Yikes. Rest assured, I’ve not given up drinking tea, just … have been otherwise distracted.

Heavily smoked teas like a Russian Caravan don’t usually elicit a great deal of excitement from me, but, as far as smoky teas go, this is pretty good. I enjoyed it.

I like that I can taste components from each of the teas in this blend. I could taste the sweet, wine-like notes from the Keemun, the rich, malty notes of the Assam, and of course the strong, smoky character of the Lapsang Souchong.

Here’s my full-length review: http://sororiteasisters.com/2014/04/04/russian-caravan-black-tea-simple-loose-leaf/

Whoa, this black was intense! I’m glad I tried a straight Lapsang Souchong yesterday so I was able to ID it out of the rest of the blacks in this black blend. In Russian Caravan Black is Lapsang Souchong, Keemum and Assam fine tippy golden flower orange pekoe. This black blend is mega rich, amber mellow, smooth, astringent, smokey, woody and earthy. Gorgeous tea too!

Though, despite liking a good dark pu’er, I found this black blend too rich for me. I’m not a huge black tea drinker, but I’m happy to of tried it!

Full review of this tea, as well as Simple Loose Leaf’s march selection club, at my blog The Oolong Owl http://oolongowl.com/march-simple-loose-leaf-selection-tea-club-oolong-owl-review/