Sweet Peach White

Fruit White Blend
Dried Peaches, Peach Flavour, Safflower, Shou Mei White Tea, Sunflowers
Edit tea info Last updated by Short Sorceress

From Simple Loose Leaf

White tea, with its sweet, soft floral flavors is an ideal choice to blend with delicate fruit notes. Sweet peach flavor brings out the best in white tea and creates a delightful twist on our wonderful Shou Mei. Delicious served iced as well as hot, this tea makes an ideal light, summery drink.

Ingredients: Shou Mei White Tea, Safflowers, Sunflowers, Freeze-Dried Peaches, Peach Flavor

About Simple Loose Leaf View company

GCTTB Rd 3:

Having this iced and it tastes very much like a fuzzy peach/ peach ring candy. Delicious! Thank you Christina for the opportunity to try this tasty treat.

This is super awesome, but I pretty much always feel that way about peach oriented things. I think this tea is particularly juicy-tasting though, and to me is less artificial tasting than most.

Cold steeped in the fridge for about 18 hours. This makes a fantastic iced tea. It has a sweet and natural peach smell. The flavor is likewise sweet and peachy. It’s fresh and light and just slightly dry. My dad thinks it’s too light, but he’s not a tea person so what does he know. It reminds me of bottled peach iced tea minus the sugar.

Until I run out of this blend, there’s always going to be a pot of it cold-steeping in the fridge. I like it that much.

Tea #4 from Another Traveling Tea Box?!?!?!

I like this one. I’ve tried another White Peach tea before, and I happen to actually like white peaches. Nice and light and delicate…I bet it would make an awesome iced tea.

2 min, 15 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

TTB 10: I pretty sure I underleafed this one. It was difficult getting the big, fluffy leaves in my spoon. I’m getting some white tea flavors with a bit of sweetness I’m assuming is the peach. I’ll likely update this soon when I try again with more leaf!

Edit: I resteeped and added more leaf. I got more tea flavor, but I still didn’t really get any peach flavor. This is a bit disappointing because it smells just like a fresh peach. I may have to cold steep this one and see if that brings it out any.

Stephanie

Big leaves are hard to measure sometimes!

The newest taste in my Sunday Tea and Books series!

I made it iced in my new pitcher just for iced tea. I added 4 large teaspoons of leaf (the leaf here is very fluffy), 4 cups of boiling water, and some agave nectar, and let it steep for 6 minutes. After which I added about 4 cups of ice cubes to cool it all down. The resulting liquor is a nice, light, clear amber.

I have to say up front that I’m not a huge fan of white teas – unless they’re really strongly flavoured, they all taste the same to me. And unfortunately, this one is a bit too subtle for me. I taste the peach a bit, but I mostly just taste white tea, even with the sweetener added, which normally brings out the fruit flavours more. I can see why others would like it, but it’s leaving me lukewarm.

But what character did it remind me of? Unfortunately, since I wasn’t won over by this tea, the comparison is not very positive: http://christinavasilevski.com/2014/05/sunday-tea-books-sweet-peach-white-from-simple-loose-leaf/

Anna

I’m really excited about your tea/character project – I look forward to catching up when things calm down a little. =)

Veronica

While Liyana might be forgettable I love the way her name is spelled. :)

Christina

Oh, man, there is so much I could say about how I felt about reading Vessel, but I’m going to refrain. I read it last year, and I’ve read so many other books since.

This was a delicious tea, especially if you enjoy peaches. The peach flavor is strong but not overbearing, it is most likely a DELICIOUS iced tea. I drank it hot and unsweetened. In my opinion it doesn’t need any sweetener at all, whites are almost naturally sweet and with the additional peaches it almost works as a dessert tea.

Another one from the $1 trial I was very thankful I was able to try. I’d definitely subscribe if I had the money to spare. (It’s rare that I don’t like a type of tea, so since they have a tea from each type every month, it would definitely be something for me.) To the tea: This is nice! I used a teaspoon and a half or two. I was hoping to see peach piece in the blend, but not in those two teaspoons. There is peach flavor on the leaves themselves, sometimes that is a bad thing, but this is definitely a tolerable peach flavor – a sweet, ripe peach. Not too much to detract from the perfectly-paired with bai mu dan base. I like it!
Steep #1 // 25 min after boiling // 2-3 min

Hmm, first tasting note on this tea, that’s kinda scary! Anyway, I got my first Simple Loose Leaf box in the mail yesterday. When I smelled the dry leaf, it was so wonderfully peachy that I knew I had to cold brew it. I put a couple of teaspoons into a water bottle into the fridge for about half a day (I always forget to take them out in a timely manner). It has a very nice juicy peach flavor that is not too artificial, and the white tea base really helps give it a clean taste to me. It’s quite refreshing as a cold brew! I can’t wait to try it out hot and see how it compares as well. It’ll be interesting to see if the white tea base shows up a bit more when hot.

After years of drinking peach teas that didn’t live up to my standards I had to question if there was something wrong with those standards. I don’t feel like I’m asking for much, I want a tea that tastes like biting into a fresh juicy peach without being overpowering or artificial. In other words, I want my peach tea to taste like peach. It sounds simple enough, but year after year peach teas fail to live up to my expectation and many of them don’t taste like peach at all. From the first sip I knew that Sweet White Peach from Simple Loose Leaf was something special. It has the perfect balance between juicy peach and white tea without tasting artificial. I love that the tea is sweet on it’s own, so there is no need to add sugar. Once the weather warms up it will make the perfect iced tea for me to enjoy this summer.

You can read the full review on my blog

Simple Loose Leaf has provided me with a free subscription to their Selection Club