Gen Mai Cha Green

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Short Sorceress

From Simple Loose Leaf

Rich Japanese Sencha green tea beautifully blends with toasted and popped rice, resulting in a mildly aromatic, distinct yellow brew. Gen Mai Cha is known to enhance the flavor of fine food and to cleanse the palate. Best served hot to envelop the senses.

About Simple Loose Leaf View company

Backlog:

I’m a genmaicha fan … I love the roasty-toasty flavor. Sweet, nutty and just YUM.

This one from Simple Loose Leaf is a very good gen mai cha. It’s exactly what I expect from a genmaicha: sweet and satisfying. A nice afternoon cuppa! I receive the monthly Selection Club service and I love it, and I was really happy that this tea was part of April’s box. (sigh! Yes, I’m that far behind.)

Although I’ve tried several different types of Gen Mai Cha, so far I haven’t really developed a taste for it. I did enjoy this more than most, but I don’t tend to care for the deep toasted, almost nutty flavor from the puffed rice.

This tea is best served hot without sweetener. It also pairs very well with salty meals or anything containing a lot of soy sauce.

You can read the full review on my blog

Simple Loose Leaf has provided me with three free months of their Selection Club