Hazelberry Pu'er

Pu-erh Tea
Cocoa Nibs, Hazelnut Natural Flavouring, Natural Creme Flavor, Natural Strawberry Flavor, Pu Erh Tea, Strawberry
Edit tea info Last updated by Short Sorceress
Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 9 oz / 275 ml

From Simple Loose Leaf

The earthy smoothness of Pu Erh creates a warm foundation for the rich flavor of hazelnut while playful, tangy-sweet strawberries peek through the nutty opulence. A hint of cream adds a soft, dreamy note to the blend.

About Simple Loose Leaf View company

Backlog:

The hazelnut aroma was noticeable from the moment I opened the pouch.

A really tasty blend. I’m not big on pu-erh and I’ve never really made any big secret of that, although I find that as I continue to grow as a tea drinker, that my appreciation for pu-erh has grown too, and I don’t dislike it the way I once did.

This pu-erh blend has a nice balance of earthy pu-erh and sweet nutty and fruit notes. The way the earthiness of the pu-erh melds with the hazelnut flavor creates a really intense nutty flavor. I like it.

The strawberry is less obvious than the hazelnut but I notice them more toward the finish. I get that tingly berry note in the aftertaste.

Here’s my full-length review: http://sororiteasisters.com/2014/04/20/hazelberry-puer-blend-simple-loose-leaf/

This isn’t the first time I’ve had the opportunity to sample Hazelberry Pu’er, I ordered a sample from Adagio a year or so back when I first began my discovery of this type of tea. At the time I had yet to acquire a taste for pu’er although my feelings have slowly changed over time. What hasn’t changed are my feelings about this particular blend, I don’t love it, I don’t even like it a little. Rather than the strong earthy flavor I expected from the pu’er I was met with something more akin to dirt; it wasn’t a particularly pleasant flavor. Masking this taste somewhat is a large amount of tart berry flavor, which is rounded out a bit by the addition of natural creme and hazelnut flavoring. Perhaps I’ve been spoiled by high quality pu’er I’ve ordered elsewhere, but I still find myself unimpressed with this blend. Of the five teas I was sent this month this was my least favorite.

You can read the full review on my blog

Simple Loose Leaf has provided me with three free months of their Selection Club

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
Roswell Strange

Just throwing it out there, but I read this as “Halle Berry Pu’er” the first time scrolling by – and I kinda did a double take because what the heck would Halle Berry be flavoured?

K S

Halle Berry Pu’er – Hot Chocolate? Just sayin’

Another tea from Awkward Soul. This tea tastes a lot like 52Teas’ Walter Bishop Honeybush to me. I’m getting a very milkshake-y type taste, although this is definitely not as sweet and bright. I’m getting strawberry milkshake, but a rich one (the pu’er?).

I like this one…it is intriguing, and just has different levels. I get the milkshake/malt/cream at the aftertaste.

I also used more leaf, since I didn’t have enough for 2 servings from the sample.

4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I went a little bonkers this month and only selected to have this tea in my April box from Simple Loose leaf. I tried the preview sample from last month and loved this tea! I’m very happy with Simple Loose Leaf’s selection club, especially for being able to choose the teas I want and get a sample for next month’s box.

The pu’er has a deep earthy and mushroom flavor. Quickly, the tea has a really good creamy flavor, finishing off with a sweet and tart strawberry. There is a little bit of fermentation, but the creamy berry flavor is very good and works with the base for a mega rich experience.

Hazelberry Pu’er does very well with sweetener, bring the strawberries and cream to the front, and making the pu’er less pungent. I’d suggest to sweeten this tea if you aren’t used to pu’er.

Full review on my blog, The Oolong Owl http://oolongowl.com/april-simple-loose-leaf-selection-club-oolong-owl-tea-review/

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
Cheri

Originally, I was going to get this in my April box, and then chickened out at the last minute. Now I wish I’d gotten it. Ah well.

Stephanie

Yum, sounds like a nice flavored pu

Awkward Soul

I’m glad I got a bunch of this tea! Though, if I had to choose between this and Lupicia’s Chocolate Strawberry Pu’er, I’d go with Lupcicia for the milder pu’er base. Both are awesome though! Man, glad to see more Pu’er blends out there!

Jiāng Luo

Is this similar to adagio’s pu erh hazelberry?

Awkward Soul

I haven’t tried adagios, but they sound pretty similar.

OMGsrsly

It looks exactly like the one available at a local shop. :) I wonder who the supplier is!