Citrus Hibiscus Herbal

Fruit Herbal Blend
Hibiscus Flowers, Lemongrass, Natural Lemon Flavor, Orange Flavoring, Orange Peel, Rooibos, Rose Hips
Edit tea info Last updated by Short Sorceress

• “Backlog: I can't say that this is my favorite tisane because it isn't. I'm not all that wild about Hibiscus. But I did enjoy the citrus-y aspect of the blend as well as the flavor that the...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4415 tasting notes
  • “Cold brewed this for 24 hours. Since it's herbal, I can drink it at night without worrying that I won't be able to fall asleep. It came out a beautiful red colour and smells like citrusy juice! ...” Read full tasting note
    vc 37 tasting notes
  • “Thanks again for that month that was a whole dollar, Simple Loose Leaf! Unfortunately, I like the name of this one better than the blend itself. It smells fruity, lemony and refreshing... but it...” Read full tasting note
    Tea Sipper 1381 tasting notes
  • “I enjoyed this iced and with about a teaspoon of honey and it was still way too tart for me. If you enjoy tart, citrusy flavors then this is the tea for you! It brews to a nice ruby red color and...” Read full tasting note
    Mullenoverit 55 tasting notes

From Simple Loose Leaf

This lovely and colorful blend of hibiscus, rose hips, lemon grass, orange peel and organic rooibos infuses a ruby red herbal with a refreshing citrus and tart flavor containing light spice tones. Excellent over ice for a zingy citrus treat, and enjoy hot to help punch out a cold or flu

About Simple Loose Leaf View company

Backlog:

I can’t say that this is my favorite tisane because it isn’t. I’m not all that wild about Hibiscus. But I did enjoy the citrus-y aspect of the blend as well as the flavor that the spices add. As long as I don’t steep it too long (I steeped it for 6 minutes) the hibiscus doesn’t get all out of whack and become syrupy.

My daughter, on the other hand, really enjoyed this.

Not bad but not my favorite. I didn’t expect it to be my favorite because Hibiscus is right there in the name of it. But I’m happy I tried it and it gave my daughter and I a moment or two together to drink tea – these are few and far between because she just turned teenager.

Cold brewed this for 24 hours. Since it’s herbal, I can drink it at night without worrying that I won’t be able to fall asleep. It came out a beautiful red colour and smells like citrusy juice! Fooled by the smell, I thought this would taste sweet, but I quickly learned this was not the case. I added ~1tsp of honey and it is pretty good! There’s a faint hint of something in the background that I don’t really like.. not sure what it is though – possibly the lemongrass? Too herb-y for my liking.

Iced

Thanks again for that month that was a whole dollar, Simple Loose Leaf! Unfortunately, I like the name of this one better than the blend itself. It smells fruity, lemony and refreshing… but it brews up a deep red cup color of a warning: hibiscus. The dry leaves are actually smaller than I expected… I thought it would be giant fruit chunks but the tea is very fine. I guess rooibos is an ingredient too. It isn’t very citrusy. Too much hibiscus to be for me. I forgot if I learned last year that hibiscus works better when it’s iced.

I enjoyed this iced and with about a teaspoon of honey and it was still way too tart for me. If you enjoy tart, citrusy flavors then this is the tea for you! It brews to a nice ruby red color and really possesses a plethora of flavors. You can drink it iced or hot, I preferred to try it iced because I really like my herbals iced more so than hot.

Iced 1 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

This herbal is tasty! I prepared it iced and sweetened. Not sweetened, Citrus Hibiscus Herbal is a pucker tart fest! Sweetened, very orangey, hibiscus floral, with a zesty lemon and lemongrass finish. There is red rooibos in there. Even though i dislike red rooibos, the tea was in the background adding a bit of woodsyness depth that was nice. In the end, this tea is very refreshing and full of flavor.

Full review of this tea, and the May Simple Loose Leaf Selection club box, on my blog The Oolong Owl http://oolongowl.com/may-simple-loose-leaf-selection-club-oolong-owl-tea-review/ (also, coupon code!)

Backlog from yesterday:

I used up the rest of the (extremely large) sample that Simple Loose Leaf gave me, and made iced tea. It was a really good recovery from the blech-y Pink Lemonade from David’s Tea that used to fill the pitcher. The tea was quite tart, but I’d rather have it be too tart and add extra sweetener to my glass than have it be too sweet because I was a bit heavy with the sugar when brewing.

The tartness is really balanced by the rooibos itself, though – the rooibos shows up really well at the end of the sip. And it’s such a beautiful ruby red.

Happy sipdown!

From last night.

I got this in my May subscription box. It was much more hibiscus than I hoped it would be and less citrusy. I will try this one cold to see if I like it better that way.

Plus, I think I overleafed it. I didn’t measure, just guesstimated, and looking back, I think I had more in the infuser than I should have. That probably didn’t help. I will leave off the rating until I try it again.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 15 OZ / 443 ML