Jasmine Special Grade Green

Green Tea
Green Tea, Jasmine
Edit tea info Last updated by Christina

• “Brewed grandpa-style in a glass tumblr. The dry leaf consists of short, twisty dark green leaves interspersed with a few jasmine flowers and little tan stalks (reminds me of kukicha), and smells...” Read full tasting note
    KiwiDelight 164 tasting notes
  • “Another backlog from when I drank during Steepster's Day of Server Doom: The jasmine in this is really strong, even at a 2.5 minute steep. There's at least 3/4 of an ounce left. I put the leaf...” Read full tasting note
    cvasilevski 539 tasting notes
  • “This is a pretty decent jasmine green. I love jasmine green tea, but I haven't had it in a while. It's quite jasminey and a little bit astringent. I can't taste enough of the green, though, but...” Read full tasting note
    cheri0627 459 tasting notes
  • “A classic tea, jasmine green teas have been sipping in China for an exceptionally long time, far longer than I have been sipping tea (see, I am not a time traveler, I swear) and it just might be a...” Read full tasting note
    SoggyEnderman 412 tasting notes

From Simple Loose Leaf

Enjoyed for centuries in China, Jasmine tea is an extremely popular scented tea. Special Grade Jasmine is a quality green tea with long, dark twisted leaves and sweet jasmine buds that produces a blonde liquor and delicate jasmine flavor. A delicious tea for any occasion.

Steeping directions: 180F (82C), 2-3 minutes.

About Simple Loose Leaf View company

Brewed grandpa-style in a glass tumblr.

The dry leaf consists of short, twisty dark green leaves interspersed with a few jasmine flowers and little tan stalks (reminds me of kukicha), and smells lightly of jasmine. In the tea itself, the jasmine takes over the base tea and tastes much stronger. It feels a little heavy. Leaves a nice aftertaste, though my mouth feels a little dry. Still, this is a nice jasmine green tea.

Another backlog from when I drank during Steepster’s Day of Server Doom:

The jasmine in this is really strong, even at a 2.5 minute steep. There’s at least 3/4 of an ounce left. I put the leaf into an empty tin to save space, but it is a bad idea that I already know what tea I’ll store in this tin once I finish this particular tea? Gonna have to mainline this over the next few weeks to sip it down.

sherapop

“Steepster’s Day of Server Doom” lol!

Christina

Well, I needed to record the tragedy somehow!

This is a pretty decent jasmine green. I love jasmine green tea, but I haven’t had it in a while.

It’s quite jasminey and a little bit astringent. I can’t taste enough of the green, though, but maybe another infusion will help with that. (I did say somewhere I’m guilty of resteeping my teas to death….)

A classic tea, jasmine green teas have been sipping in China for an exceptionally long time, far longer than I have been sipping tea (see, I am not a time traveler, I swear) and it just might be a lot of people in the West’s first encounter with green tea. The aroma if this particular jasmine green is quite heady and sweet, it does not have the perfume aroma that some jasmine teas have, instead it has the aroma of fresh jasmine flowers in bloom. Surprisingly there is no aroma of the base green tea at all, the same goes for the brewed leaves. The liquid sans leaves is honey sweet with jasmine headiness and a delicate hint of fresh vegetation.

The first steep is surprisingly sweet, like flower nectar and sugar, there is also a nice heady taste of jasmine that permeates throughout the entire sipping experience. At the end of the taste and into the aftertaste there is a fairly delicate fresh vegetation taste, there is no bitterness at all.

For the second steep the aroma is very jasmine heavy, the fresh vegetation aroma from previously is still present, but it is stronger. The taste starts out sweet and jasmine heavy, this transitions to slightly smoky green, like fresh vegetation and spinach. The smoke is barely present, like a tiny whiff of a distant fire. Again, the tea is mild and not at all bitter. I am always fan of jasmine teas that are not overwhelming.

For blog and photos: http://ramblingbutterflythoughts.blogspot.com/2014/08/simple-loose-leaf-august-subscription_8.html