Blue Moon Tea

Edit tea info Last updated by John Grebe

1 Tasting Note View all

• “This was my second time trying it. Poured my first cup out of the pot after 5min 30sec, and the average time between cups was about 13 minutes after that, especially since some things came up. 1...” Read full tasting note
    peachrain 8 tasting notes

From Simpson & Vail

One of our “fresh from the garden” teas. When you taste this blend of black pepper and berries you will experience a mild peppery flavor, followed by a sweet and lingering floral after-taste. Brew tea at 212º – steep for 3 minutes.

About Simpson & Vail View company

1 Tasting Note

This was my second time trying it. Poured my first cup out of the pot after 5min 30sec, and the average time between cups was about 13 minutes after that, especially since some things came up. 1 pot was about 11 of my little cups, and the pot took about 2 hours to drink all of.

At the beginning, the pepper was the most noticeable thing, but the berries and flowers did become stronger after a couple cups. The 6th cup was sort of weird, but the flavors started blending and getting along after that. After a while, I started noticing the floral tastes more and, after a while longer, I noticed the pepper more again. As with any pot of loose tea I have, the last little partial-cup was bitter, but the rest was yummy. Definitely different. When the pepper is in the foreground, it’s not sweet, but it gets sweeter as it tastes more floral. As with any tea, your mileage may vary, but I did find that I liked it the second time I tried it.