Scottish Blend

Edit tea info Last updated by Kittenna

From Simpson & Vail

At a customer’s request, we made this Scottish Blend tea as a perfect bold blend for your all day drinking enjoyment. The request was for a brew that was a well rounded blend that was bold and smooth with fruit and oak undertones. We blended teas from five countries to yield a deep amber cup with a full-bodied, rich, creamy, malty and brisk taste. It’s the perfect tea to start the morning or to accompany dinner!

Brew tea at 212ºF – steep for 3 minutes.

About Simpson & Vail View company

I had two cups of it this morning so far… I know this tea will not last me very long at the rate I am going. It’s so good!

I LOVE that 5 countries and their teas are represented in this blend! This is hearty and bold with a creamy finish. This is one of their newer teas and I am so honored to try it so quickly. It will appear in the Fall Catalog soon but IS available on their website right now. This is a great WAKE ME UP Tea!

This is just what I expected with a Scottish Blend – HEARTY with an almost chewy kind of creaminess to it. It’s like freshly baked bread… like the chewy crisp crust of the bread. It’s awesome and it’s a great tea with which to start the day.

A nice sweetness to it too. Malty! Truly lovely.

Lewis & Clark TTB #5

I usually add sweetener to breakfast teas, but started this one plain, and I’m glad I did. It has a nice, understated nose, powerful flavor, and excellent, long finish. Slightly tart but not bitter. There aren’t a lot of extraneous flavors, but this is a perfectly balanced definition of what a Scottish tea should be.

Hearty, woodsy, a teeny bit of fruit (pear?). I like it better with milk and sugar, but it’s smooth enough to drink on its own (not bitter, and that’s the only time I pick up on the fruit).

As breakfast teas go, this is as strong as I’ll go before crossing the line into smoky teas (which always make me feel like I’m waking up in the military or something). For this Scottish blend, no need to break out the bugle reveille and the WWII helmet. This one still has a touch of coziness.