Apple Cinnamon Coffeecake

Edit tea info Last updated by Kittenna
Boiling 3 min, 15 sec 11 oz / 315 ml

• “Apparently I don't have too much of this one left! Which is ok only because I have too many other teas :D Anyhow, into the travel mug it went, and it was oh-so-tasty. I had somehow forgotten about...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2498 tasting notes
  • “I am not getting what I want out of this tea. It smells very nice, but it doesnt brew up to what I think it will. I think I was expecting pie, even though this is supposed to be cake flavored. I'm...” Read full tasting note
    Rosehips 1017 tasting notes
  • “Oooh i like this one :) Again, i either went in on it with Kittenna or she gave me a taste. Either way thanks to *Kittenna* who arranged things! I REALLY am enjoying this one even if the...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 5241 tasting notes
  • “Tea of the morning here. the dry leaf smells so amazing and I had such high hopes for the tea itself. It isn't bad, it's just a lot lighter on flavor than I was expecting it to be. I am...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2540 tasting notes

From Simpson & Vail

A new addition to our flavored tea line and already a huge hit with all of us here! This slightly sweet, scrumptious blend has a lightly toasted flavor with the delicious taste of apples and cinnamon. Sipping this tea reminds me of the Sunday morning breakfast treats of my childhood. Now that I’m all grown up I could have those treats every day of the week; however, I think I’ll stick to this tea blend instead. It’s full of the sinful tastes of childhood but, with no calories, it suits my adult metabolism!

Ingredients: Black teas, organic cinnamon chips, apple pieces, orange blossoms and flavoring.

Brew tea at 212º – steep for 3 minutes.

About Simpson & Vail View company

My neighbor has been drinking more tea with me. She surprised me on Friday with 4 samples of Simpson and Vail, this being one of them. Two of the samples were dessert teas-this cake and then strawberry cupcake. I was surprised how closely they resembled each other. The main flavor I taste in this tea is a cake taste, similar to a coffee cake. I wonder if these teas are pleasing to both coffee/tea drinkers, me being just a tea drinker, the taste is one I am acquiring and starting to enjoy more with each cup. I have had this three times now, finishing off the sample. I am going to be trying more dessert teas for sure.

Tried this tea with double the leaves. Sadly the notes of apple, cinnamon, and coffeecake are drowned out by the black tea. What the what, black tea, stay in the background! But it didn’t. So sad. Still a good tea when steeped normally.

The scent of this tea is a mix of apples, cinnamon and a bit of that “baked good” smell. The bakery scent mixes well with that of the black tea base. I can’t tell the difference between the two. I’m a little concerned that the tea base might take over when it comes to the actual taste and that the actual apple cinnamon coffeecake flavor will be lost.

Sipping… there is something in this that reminds me of the Simpson & Vail almond sugar cookie blend. I first taste a bit of the black tea which turns into that “bakery” flavor. The cinnamon seems to be woven in nicely – it’s not too strong or weak, but is definitely present throughout. My first sip was mostly cinnamon and apple – now it’s a little bit harder for the apple to come through. It’s there, though, if you look for it… not artificial, but like a nice fresh slice. A part of me wants to say that this is the almond sugar cookie blend without a whole lot of almond, but there is something that I can’t quite identify that makes it just a little bit different. To me, this doesn’t really taste like apple cinnamon coffeecake, but it is tasty and original. I can’t remember who sent this tea to me.. I’m just terrible at remembering some of these older teas I have left to try. So thank you so much to that person who sent this to me in a swap!

Suziqzer

This is one I’m considering when I finally place an order w/them. Good to see the review.

QueenOfTarts

I think you’ll like it if you like their almond sugar cookie or any variation of that sort of blend. It’s definitely unique and satisfies the need for a baked good. Hope you end up liking it!

Yay, Spring Break! No students, no PARENTS for one whole week :)

This tea smells awesome and tastes pretty good too. Definitely nice cinnamon and apple taste. I made the mistake of drinking it with my McD’s breakfast burrito with salsa so the taste was a little funky but now that I’m done and ate cookies, definitely a nice dessert tea.