English Toffee

Butter, Nutty
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaEqualsBliss

From Simpson & Vail

English Toffee is a sweet made with sugar and butter. This decadent tea has a sweet, creamy taste with no calories! Blended with black teas from China and Sri Lanka, our English Toffee tea brews to a deep amber cup with a light butterscotch taste.

Ingredients: black teas, flavoring, and marigold petals.

Brew tea at 212º – steep for 3 minutes.

About Simpson & Vail View company

Yum! Yum YUM Yummy yum yum!

Yeah, that about covers it.

Buttery rich and with a lovely burnt-sugar flavor underneath… a really delightful English Toffee blend. This tastes like English Toffee that has been dissolved in a cup of black tea. Sweet, rich and delicious.

Fairyfli

mmm that sounds delightful!

Amariel

Oooh, sounds delish! I love toffee.

Another tea from Miss B! After the butterbeer disappointment I decided to try this one because in the words of Dumbledore, “I think I could be safe with a nice toffee” (I’m still watching Harry Potter). I tried this plain first and I could strongly taste the tea base along with a subtle buttery, slightly nutty taste. While I wouldn’t exactly say toffee, I did find it pleasant. I decided to resteep and try with sweetener to see if it brought the toffee taste out a little more. Unfortunately, all that accomplished was to hide the base tea. So, I added some milk and it became nicely and predictably creamier. I prefer this plain though. It was a good tea, but nothing that leaves a lasting impression.

Flavors: Butter, Nutty

Cameron B.

Well at least it didn’t turn out to be earwax. :P

mj

LOL amen to that!

Cheri

I was thinking the same thing about earwax. Hah!

Cameron B.

Oh Dumbledore, you rogue…

Oooooh, I just love this! It’s not complex, or subtle, but the name says it all: English Toffee . It doesn’t even need sweetener, although I’m sure adding some would make it even better. MissB, thank you for sending! :)

Sipdown!

I’m working on clearing out samples and sipdowns to make room for the Della Terra order I’m getting later this week, plus some stuff from Dexter to try soon.

This one is quite tasty, and I like the subtle toffee notes here. I did add milk which may have melded the flavours a bit more.

I probably wouldn’t go out of my way to buy this one, but it is good, so thanks to OMGsrsly for the sample to try.