Creme Brulee

Caramel, Cream, Coconut
Edit tea info Last updated by Kittenna
Boiling 3 min, 15 sec 10 oz / 295 ml

• “The quest to get these S&V teas gone continues. I've given up on this ever tasting like Creme Brulee. This does not have the crisp sugary quality, or the smooth custard taste of a proper creme...” Read full tasting note
    Rosehips 668 tasting notes
  • “mmmm I can't recall if this was one of the teas I purchased or just one that *kittenna* let me sample. I know...that's bad lol In either case, thanks go to her for getting this into my life :) ...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4026 tasting notes
  • “This smells SOO GOOD! Definitely getting strong notes of caramelized brown sugar both in smell and taste. Alas, I am finding the base to be a little overwhelming and that is drowning out any...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1335 tasting notes
  • “Eh, this one was tasty enough when I drank it yesterday, but definitely not as good as Apple Cinnamon Coffeecake. A good, sweet, dessert-treat tea, but nothing like creme brulee, IMO.” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2221 tasting notes

From Simpson & Vail

This scrumptious black tea blend has the taste and aroma of buttery, creamy sweet goodness. The dark amber cup is sweet and creamy with a finish that tastes like caramelized brown sugar.

Ingredients: black teas, flavoring, and marigold petals.

Brew tea at 212ºF – steep for 3 minutes.

About Simpson & Vail View company

No 6 from the TTB-A
The boys & I drank a pot of this with breakfast, & it was tasty, but just not my thing I guess.
My main passion in tea is straight full leaf varieties. They contain so much flavor, so many nuances, that I’m generally very satisfied with them. Once in awhile I head off on a tangent of flavored teas, momentarily enamored with the idea of decadent desserts, but I think perhaps I’m reaching my point of saturation, where flavored teas are concerned. Artificial flavors make my tongue hurt. I absolutely can’t bring myself to drink anything that contains glitter, little silver balls, or other crazy decorative things. Most flavored teas, even the ones with natural flavoring, require some stevia to really bring the flavors out, & sitting here, with a TTB full of dessert teas mainly just makes me want a big mug of ASSAM or YUNNAN of OOLONG or PUEHR. Something that really actually tastes like it’s suppose to.

My apologies to anybody who might be offended by my tea bigotry.

whatshesaid

I certainly like flavoured teas much less than I used to! Be interesting to see if I ever reach a point of true disdain :)

Terri HarpLady

LOL, I think if I drink one once in awhile it’s not so bad, but I’ve been drinking a lot of them lately, & I think the artificially flavored ones dull your senses a little. My nose is still burning from the Momoko…:p

I like naturally flavoured teas as companions to my blacks (usually drink them together) but i’m pretty “meh” about most flavoured teas unless their stacy’s or it’s for a rare treat at night – like rooibos stuff. Doesn’t stop me from wanting to try ALL THE TEAS though. I’m certainly much picker these days…

Shelley_Lorraine

A flavored tea can be fun, but I often add more of whatever the base tea is from my own stash because i want to taste tea too! Stacy knows how to make them just right though :)

Terri HarpLady

Yes, Stacy is the Mistress of the Arts of flavoring, as far as I’m concerned. I’ve enjoyed some of the Verdant blends (Sichuan Caravan, Laoshan Genmaicha, Bergamot Rose Laoshan Black, & a few others), & some of the ones sent by others (especially Ysaurella & Sil). They are a nice change of pace. I think I mostly like the novelty, but I definitely prefer ‘blends’ over ‘flavored’, if you know what I mean. Still, I DO want to sample ALL of the TEAS! :D I gotta!

Got this in a swap (I am terrible at keeping my swaps straight) at just the wrong time to be able to tear into it right away. But I think my tea cabinet had a plan. It knew that today would be the day my husband would try to get us out of the house on time. It knew that another cold front would be making its way to us giving me a headache. It knew I would have a 2 hour meeting at 9 am that makes me want to bang my head repeatedly against a dull rock.

This tea might be enough to pull me out of this Wednesday slump. Sugary and wonderful this really is like creme brulee in a cup.

What’s nice about this tea is that a little goes a long way. This would have been useful knowledge before I dumped the entire baggy into my teamaker. I tend to err on the side of using too much tea because I like a really strong brew and knew that there was more there than I needed, but not quite enough to get two pots full so I just dumped the whole thing in. Then again there are worse things than having your taste buds smacked on their hypothetical faces by creme brulee flavors so I’m certainly not going to complain. No, instead I’m just going to close this review and click on the ‘add to shopping list’ button, then add it to my wishlist.

LefTea

The swap was from Nicole! Thanks Nicole!

Nicole

You are welcome. Glad you liked it!

LefTea

Sad it didn’t resteep as well as I thought. I wanted to prolooooooooong the yumminess.

I had this last night, and unfortunately I can barely remember what happened five minutes ago, let along a whole 15 hours ago. But I do remember some things about this tea. It was delicious. I did sweeten it, which brought out the sugary creaminess that was layered over the medium bodied black tea flavor. I loved this and will have it again.

Yum. Tastes mainly of caramelized sugar to me, with a decent black tea base that does peek through.

Good hot and lukewarm. I am not a milk with tea person but this is excellent with a little bit of sugar and some cream. Can easily take the place of a dessert without either, but with? Yumtastic.

I bet it would make a good infusion for ice cream or for some mock clotted cream with scones. Ooo… I’m doing a tea this weekend with pumpkin scones. I think I’ll try infusing my clotted cream with this tea.

This would make a nice addition to a Thanksgiving meal.

This was a first for me. The first time I dumped a cup of tea without drinking it.

There is probably nothing wrong with the tea, except that it has a coconut tone and I can’t stand coconut. If I am ever abandoned on a tropical island I am in big trouble.

And um ok, isn’t classic creme brûlée just vanilla? Why is there coconut here? I didn’t expect it at all.

So I opened the envelope. Slight coconut smell. Uh oh. Well, let me brew it. Smelled it when steeping too. Maybe it won’t be there when I taste it. First sip: I just drank suntan lotion! I am that hyper sensitive to the flavor.

Personal taste thing. Sorry world! No rating since this is a me thing.

Cheri

OOh, that’s awful that there’s coconut in creme brulee. I don’t like coconut that much either.