Malt, Nuts
Edit tea info Last updated by MissB
Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 8 oz / 236 ml

From Simpson & Vail

This black tea blend has a strong aroma and a nutty flavor. Reminiscent of the winter holidays when the tastes of warming hazelnuts pervade the senses. Can be enjoyed as is, but is also delightful with a little added cream.

Ingredients: black teas, hazelnut flavor and marigold petals.

Brew tea at 212º – steep for 3 minutes.

About Simpson & Vail View company

One last cuppa before swap-ammo…who will get it??? Time will tell! Upping rating!

Bonnie

Love the swap- ammo. Violence by tea!

Bonnie

Well all the little icon faces that appear should make for great target practice!

This is more like it. I bought a nice fresh four-oz. bag of my favorite version of hazelnut, Simpson & Vail’s. They have never let me down. See my previous tasting note. I was so happy to have my new supply, I practically gulped it down.

DaisyChubb

This tea is SO good! I was so surprised at how much a simple sounding tea was so over the top flavourful!

Yet another blend from MissB! thanks yet again! This is a lot like Adagio’s Hazelnut tea which I LOVE. Not quite the same, as I think the base is different, but I think the flavor is the same. I love the toasty tastiness of it. It does taste like genuine hazelnut. I’m not sure how they do it! It seems as it cools, the toastiness gets toastier. The black tea base is light enough to showcase the hazelnut flavor. I wouldn’t mind a stronger base though, since the flavor is decently strong. I wish I had more to say about this one.. it’s just nice. I think hazelnut teas are extra comforting. Another nice one from MissB’s package!

Courtney

I wasn’t huge on Adagio’s but this one is on it’s way to me, sounds promising!

Yvonne

Shopping list!

BrewTEAlly Sweet

Definitely wish listed!!! Envious!!!

I wanted a gentle and sweet wake up this morning – this tea was just the thing! (Thank you TeaEqualsBliss ! I got hit by this tea ammo!)

Suuuper nutty, and the base is so smooth. It reminds me of Florence, but I’m not missing the chocolate notes. Sweet and perfect all on it’s own – but I was naughty and added a splash of vanilla creamer for a treat. Ah, yum.

This is a VERY strong-smelling tea. It requires quarantining from my other teas. Just sayin’. ;)

Smells strongly of hazelnut before and after brewing. Flavor-wise, I get strong hazelnut (almost as if I can chew it, it’s so thick) and then the black base – which seems more apparent as it’s cooled. A touch of Truvia makes this taste decadent. I wish I’d grabbed a bit more.

This tea reminds me of Christmas at gramma’s house. The warm, nutty scent and flavor … YUM! What a terrifically cozy black tea.

I’m off to write a review of this one…

seule771

I continue to say I have yet to try Simpson & Vail; I seem to remember they have great tins. Oh well.

I don’t have a lot of experience with hazelnuts, except in Nutella (which isn’t exactly a wholesome way of eating hazelnuts)!

I liked this tea. I like the hazelnut taste, which is different than other nuts. The black tea base was pretty mellow, and the hazelnut taste comes through well.

4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Sipdown!! (121)

This is yet another tea from the package Courtney sent my way (Thank you!!). I am really enjoying the nutty flavor to this. However, the base is also quite prominent and I find it is competing with the flavor and really taking away from the cup.

Flavors: Malt, Nuts

Courtney

Ah yes. Jessi sent me this one from her order, and she finds it best as an addition to resteeps to “reawaken” them.

VariaTEA

Ah. I can see that. It was good but I found myself wanting a more subtle base.