Decaf Almond Black Tea

Edit tea info Last updated by TeaBrat

• “Tonight was a happy accident - I discovered this tea makes a nice dessert drink when mixed with the liqueur Tuaca, a sweet vanilla citrusy combination. I just checked the Tuaca website and they...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2356 tasting notes

From Simpson & Vail

Originally native to the Mediterranean, almonds are now domestically cultivated in many places around the globe. References to almonds can be found in the Old Testament, and, even after all these years, almonds still hold an important part in people’s diet. The almond aroma in this tea resembles the heady smell of almond extract.

When brewed the amaretto aroma and taste is reminiscent of marzipan. This aromatic black tea blend has a rich, sweet taste and an aromatic fragrance that will delight your senses! The bright amber cup smells like a hot amaretto toddy but our tea version is, of course, non-alcoholic! The brewed cup has a pronounced, but not overdone, amaretto taste that lingers deliciously on the tongue. As it cools, this tea becomes even smoother with the almond flavor becoming less pronounced.

Ingredients: Decaf black teas, almond pieces and almond flavoring.

Brew tea at 212º – steep for 3 minutes.

This tea is decaffeinated using the all-natural CO2 process.

Natural CO2 Decaffeination To decaffeinate tea it is necessary to find a solvent that will remove the caffeine from the leaf, while keeping as many of the healthy benefits and the taste profiles in. The best method we have found is natural CO2 decaffeination. This method consists of putting moistened tea leaves in a chamber, adding CO2 and pressurizing it. CO2, when pressurized, becomes a liquid which effectively removes caffeine from tea leaves, while just as effectively not removing many of the healthy benefits. When the liquid is poured off the leaves and the leaves are dried, the CO2 reverts back to its gas form and dissipates from the leaf. Decaffeinated teas generally still have 1-2% caffeine.

About Simpson & Vail View company

Tonight was a happy accident – I discovered this tea makes a nice dessert drink when mixed with the liqueur Tuaca, a sweet vanilla citrusy combination.

I just checked the Tuaca website and they have a Moroccan Mint cocktail made with this stuff so perhaps I will try that soon. :)

TGIF! See previous notes for more info on the tea.

ScottTeaMan

Sounds delicious! I put the site In my Favorites.

TeaBrat

Tuaca or Simpson & Vail?

ScottTeaMan

The Tuaca, but now I say both. I am always on the lookout for a good decaf tea and this seems like a good one to have around.