Coconut Macaroon Green Rooibos

Rooibos Tea
Coconut, Cream
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaBrat

• “I am having some of this tonight and am bumping the rating up just a wee little bit. I sure was not too crazy about it when I first got it, but the longer steeping time helps. I might even get it...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2586 tasting notes
  • “Overleafed slightly, because I wanted to make sure I loved this yet again, instead of the last time where it felt a bit thin. It tastes like baked coconut chips, to be frank, which is a lovely...” Read full tasting note
    MissB_Tea 1170 tasting notes
  • “And now for something completely different. Now this cold brew was just what I needed to quench my thirst. Very fresh coconut with mild green rooibos. I'm forever perplexed why there aren't more...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 932 tasting notes
  • “(from one of the traveling tea boxes) I realized that my sample supply was quickly taking over my tea cupboard/table/drawer (see what I mean?!). That and the fact that I couldn't determine how old...” Read full tasting note
    jeweledthumb 339 tasting notes

From Simpson & Vail

Coconut Macaroons are a confection made from egg whites, sugar and coconut. This tea version is smooth and creamy with a heavenly aroma. On a base of green rooibos, this blend brews to a golden cup with a perfectly balanced taste of toasted coconut baked goodness.

Ingredients: Organic green rooibos, organic cocoa nibs, shredded coconut, safflower and flavoring.

Brew tea at 212º – steep for 5 minutes.

About Simpson & Vail View company

I am having some of this tonight and am bumping the rating up just a wee little bit. I sure was not too crazy about it when I first got it, but the longer steeping time helps. I might even get it again when this tin runs out. :))

Alphakitty

The name alone sounds delicious!

ScottTeaMan

This sounds so good-any Rooibos with Coconut or Chai!

TeaBrat

@Scott, you might like green rooibos better than red, it’s much milder.

ScottTeaMan

I actually have tried a few reds- one from Stash blended with white tea. It was good, but I wasn’t drooling for more. I’ll have to try some greens. :))

ScottTeaMan

Gonna go try steeping my Goomtee Estate Darjeeling gongfu style!

Overleafed slightly, because I wanted to make sure I loved this yet again, instead of the last time where it felt a bit thin. It tastes like baked coconut chips, to be frank, which is a lovely thing in my books.

Yvonne

This sounds absolutely divine – coconut, mm!

And now for something completely different.

Now this cold brew was just what I needed to quench my thirst. Very fresh coconut with mild green rooibos. I’m forever perplexed why there aren’t more green rooibos blends out there.

This is one of the very few S&V teas that I would probably reorder (although overall, there just doesn’t seem like enough awesome ones to justify ever placing another order with them).

OMGsrsly

I found a sea buckthorn pumpkin green rooibos on a German site when I was tea hunting earlier. I mean, what? I’d totally try that if I could get (a lot) less than 1 kg!

Courtney

I agree about green rooibos blends! If I was more creative I might be able to create some.

Amariel

I agree about the green rooibos too. It is much easier for me to handle than the red.

Anna

Lupicia have one called Jardin Sauvage which smells weird but is AMAZING iced.

TeaBrat

I love green rooibos too. Another good one is Lemon Chiffon by Republic of tea.

(from one of the traveling tea boxes)

I realized that my sample supply was quickly taking over my tea cupboard/table/drawer (see what I mean?!). That and the fact that I couldn’t determine how old some of my samples were has led me to try to sip them down as fast as I can prior to the 2 tea boxes I am participating in arrive (which aren’t currently lost).

Well this is definitely still good! I used 2 tsp in my 16oz steeping mug – I’d consider a bit more next time. It’s a creamy light coconut/vanilla flavor. I added a bit of sweetener but I have a major sweet tooth. Also, no rooibos taste for those who find it offensive, just a nice evening drink. Yum. Staying on the wishlist for sure.

Boiling 8 min or more 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML
rosebudmelissa

green rooibos has a much different flavor than red rooibos. In my opinion green rooibos and honeybush are much better for blending.

Tea and Chocolate TTB

Backlog from last night.
This is a combination of green Rooibos, coconut pieces, and little red flower petal. It smells like coconut, like real coconut, it smells good. I’ve only had green Rooibos once or twice before, and now I’m trying to figure out why. It is so much more approachable and friendly than it’s red brother.

Steeped at boiling for 5 minutes. It tastes like I’m chewing on a coconut chip piece. Sweetening it tastes less raw, and more baked and creamy. And it lingers nice and long in the after taste. This is a really good last tea of the night to settle in and go to sleep with.

2087 tasting notes

Sipdown!! (170)

Thank you Fjellrev for sharing this with me. It sounded delicious and people really seem to enjoy it, but having yet another cup, I think I have decided it is not for me. I believe sugar would really help this out but since I am back to behaving and sticking to the diet, that is not even an option for me. Plus, at the end of the day, if a tea needs something to be amazing, it is not a tea I would stock. I am so grateful to have gotten to try it though.

Ugh. I’ll catch up to you someday!

VariaTEA

You are not that far off.

..yeah but more incoming this week lol. I’m hoping for 2-3 more tonight… 3 a day! that’s the goal!

VariaTEA

I just got my package from Roswell Strange. I am sure that is bumping me up a bit so no worries.

Thanks MissB for such a generous sample of this wonderful tea! You must have known I would just love it.. and you got it right… I do.

I wasn’t sure if I should try this one with the remnants of my head cold or not, but I have been looking through my S&V catalog lately trying to decide when/what to order from them. You see, when MissB sent me a generous sample of Candy Cane & a sample of Cinnamon Chocolate Brownie from S&V I really liked them so I went online looking to see what all they offered and found they had a catalog, it arrived safely and is sitting on the end table by the couch with notes by things I might like to order… narrowing it down is the problem. Anyway, the Coconut Macaroon was one at the top of my list to try… & here she sent it to me.. just like she knew :) I just couldn’t wait a couple of more days.

Dry, I couldn’t make out much fragrance, but my nose isn’t working well either. Steeped, this came through as true coconut macaroon. You know the ones like you get at the Chinese buffet that are dense and sweet and yummy? I hope when I get completely better that I like it even more.

My mom and sister love coconut macaroons too… do I dare share?!?! I’m not sure how my mom would feel about a flavored teas, but my sister enjoys iced fruit teas… bet she’ll love this.

Flavors: Coconut

__Morgana__

Mmmmm. Macaroons.

Oooh, sipdown! (167)
I didn’t realize this was green rooibos when I decided to make it, but that’s cool. It’s midnight. Rooibos time! I don’t think I’ve had green rooibos before, but it’s interesting. This really tastes like strong coconut, and cream, and sweetness. Very decadent!

Thanks MissB!

Courtney

I’m so happy I discovered green rooibos, since red doesn’t generally work for me. This one may go in my next S&V order. :)

Fjellrev

I really like this one too!

Amariel

Green is def better for me than red.

TeaBrat

I wish there were more green rooibos blends out there!

Amariel

Me too, Tea Brat! Same for honeybush!