Carrot Cake Cupcake Green Rooibos

Fruit Herbal Rooibos Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaEqualsBliss

• “Hm. After a good scrub, my teas are still tasting weak to me. Perhaps I'm coming down with something - again? Geesh. This is tasting thin and less lovely than normal, although I am getting more...” Read full tasting note
    MissB_Tea 944 tasting notes
  • “Thank you *Dexter3657* for sending this my way. I was very excited when it arrived but I grew a bit hesitant after stevia overload in Candy Cane and the heavy rooibos-y flavor of Red Velvet...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1363 tasting notes
  • “I have tried a couple of different carrot cake teas/tisanes, and I think that this one might be my favorite. This one definitely has a carrot cake kind of thing going on. I don't know that I'm...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4231 tasting notes
  • “So yummy! This blend does justice to its namesake-- it really does taste like carrot cake! The dominant flavors are carrot and cinnamon with a creamy finish. The green rooibos gives the blend a bit...” Read full tasting note
    Fiddling 93 tasting notes

From Simpson & Vail

The latest addition to our popular dessert teas are these cupcake teas! Available in Red Velvet Cupcake, Carrot Cake Cupcake and Strawberry Cupcake.

I love carrot cake, whether it’s in a loaf or in cupcake form. What I don’t like is that “some” people always feel the need to add raisins to what is already perfection. Don’t mess with success people! And what I do like about this rooibos tea version, is that you get all that lovely carrot cake goodness with none of the calories (and no wrinkled little grapes!). The dry leaf has a delicate aroma of carrot cake spices. The brewed cup is full flavored and fabulous with the smell of just baked carrot cake.

Ingredients: Organic green rooibos, papaya pieces, organic cinnamon chips, safflowers, and flavoring.

Brew tea at 212º – steep for 5 minutes.

Caffeine Free. Certified Kosher

About Simpson & Vail View company

Hm. After a good scrub, my teas are still tasting weak to me. Perhaps I’m coming down with something – again? Geesh.

This is tasting thin and less lovely than normal, although I am getting more carrot out of the blend this time than any other time. Also a sipdown, which is sad, because I think I forgot to grab more of this when I ordered the other day.

Yvonne

Oh no – I hope you aren’t getting sick again. :(

OMGsrsly

Aww. It could be that you’re still recovering. Sometimes it take a few more days for everything to taste “normal”.

Thank you Dexter3657 for sending this my way. I was very excited when it arrived but I grew a bit hesitant after stevia overload in Candy Cane and the heavy rooibos-y flavor of Red Velvet Cupcake. However, I love all things carrot cake and am currently having a carrot cake cupcake and thus found it a fitting time to try this tea. I am happy to say that I have now found a S&V rooibos that I enjoy – and of course it would be carrot cake.

Rather than getting sweetness from artificial sweeteners, it has a fruity sweetness from the papaya which blends nicely with the carrot flavors. The cinnamon chips give it a bit of a spice while the green rooibos is muted and allows the other flavors to shine. This is good but I don’t know if I would choose it over the Della Terra version (which oddly enough, Dexter also introduced me to). I will have to compare the two side-by-side.

I have tried a couple of different carrot cake teas/tisanes, and I think that this one might be my favorite. This one definitely has a carrot cake kind of thing going on. I don’t know that I’m tasting a distinct “carrot cake” flavor here, but, then again, I don’t know that I’m not, either. If that makes sense. The cinnamon, the fruit notes, the carrot-y taste … it all works very well together to create a taste that seems to evoke thoughts of carrot cake.

seule771

Why not Frank’s 52teas, does he not have a carrot cake tea? Oh, well!

Jillian

Oddly enough, I don’t think Frank has ever made a carrot cake tea.

LiberTEAS

If he has made a carrot cake tea, it was before I became a customer of his… he hasn’t made one since I have become a frequent (and now constant) customer.

So yummy! This blend does justice to its namesake— it really does taste like carrot cake! The dominant flavors are carrot and cinnamon with a creamy finish. The green rooibos gives the blend a bit of an earthy quality which I just adore.

Big thanks to Marcel Duchamp for sending this in a swap!

Marcel Duchamp

I’m glad you like this one! Its a good Rooibos.

i want to try this one eventually hehe the list keeps growing lol

Marcel Duchamp

Sil, I can send you a small sample of this. I should have enough to send 3tsp. Just PM me if you are interested.

Kittenna

This is on my list too, although I’m still not sure about my feelings on green rooibos. I think we have a couple Della Terra green rooibos blends en route though, so maybe I’ll figure it out by drinking those!

Marcel – thank you for the offer! I suspect though that given that i know kittenna and possibly some of the other girls here want to try a bunch of S&V teas, we’ll likely place an order eventually. But i REALLY appreciate the offer :)

Anytime :-)

Fiddling

You guys are awesome! I wasn’t sure green rooibos either, but this blend convinced me that it can taste fan-freaking-tastic when done right.

sipdown! thank you fiddling for sending some of this for me to try. There are a number of S&V blends out there that i enjoy and some that are a bit more on the “miss” side. this one falls somewhere in the middle for me. It doesn’t come across as overly cupcakelike but there is that “something” there that reminds me of how carrot cake tastes. That combination of icing mixed with the spices that go in to carrot cakes. It’s why my other half loves carrot cake…with cream cheese icing! I don’t think i’ll restock this, but not because i don’t like it…simply because there are other teas out there that i prefer. thanks again fiddling!

Tastes like Carrots and Sweeter Green Rooibos. Not overly cake-E, tho. Or overly Cupcake-E. I do like the flavor – just fine…and as it cools I can pick up on the Papaya more…it’s juicy and welcomed. I’m missing the cake or the cupcake but enjoying the rest of this one, that’s for sure!

This one surprised me this morning. I’ve been drinking a lot of green tea over the last couple of days, attempting to sip down a couple of smaller amounts I’ve got left at work before I go on leave (only for a week, but I’ll take what I can get). I reached for this one because I wanted a change, but I remembered my last cup at home, and how I couldn’t really taste anything but rooibos anymore. I was pretty convinced it had faded in its poor paper packaging.

Imagine my surprise, then, when I took a sip of my freshly brewed cup and found it actually tasted like carrot cake again! I use a smaller cup at work, and I did forget about it for a good few minutes while the left was still in, so maybe both those factors have something to do with this improved cup. It smells like carrot cake, delicately spiced and slightly creamy, and it tastes like it too. The spicing comes out first, cinnamon, maybe nutmeg, then a slight frutiness that reminds me of raisins. The spongey, vanilliary, cream cheesyness comes out last, and is very fleeting, but it’s there! It’s there! The whole thing is subtle and delicate, and I’m sure this was stronger when I first tried it, but I’m really pleased to have coaxed any flavour from it at all. I’d pretty much written this one off!

Boiling 4 min, 45 sec 1 tsp

Got this in an AWESOME, like out of this world, swap from Marcel Duchamp

So far I have tried this one, the Strawberry Cupcake, and the Red Velvet Cupcake and Strawberry is reining first place. This is a very very close second. The smell of this is fabulous, spicy cinnamon, creamy vanilla, and a bakery warm freshness. I am always hesitant with flavored rooibos because I don’t LOVE rooibos, but I love flavors so I’m always hoping for more flavor than rooibos. I get that with this, I get just enough of the rooibos tea taste for me, it comes through slightly but mostly it’s this amazingly smooth combination of perfectly balanced flavors.

I think this may have just gotten ahead of the Strawberry Cupcake. I’m having this right after lunch and the rooibos is being so kind to my digestion, but it tastes like dessert. I bet this is a killer nighttime tea or with a little cream and some rock sugar as a legit dessert. mmmm this would be a great latte!!

Marcel Duchamp

I’ve made all of these as lattes and they are very good. I’m so happy that you’re enjoying the teas!! I think we have very similar tastes.

Jackie T

I know and I can’t WAIT until you get your package, I think you will need to carve out and dedicate a full weekend to tasting what I send.

Marcel Duchamp

You are wonderful. I can’t wait.

Cinnamon and vanilla come through mildly. The rest is kind of just.. idk.. I enjoyed it but not something I’d order. Sample from marcel

Lariel

I made that one with some vanilla rooibos, and it was good.

Tea #17 from Another Traveling Tea Box

While I enjoyed this, I thought it was a bit off the mark. It’s missing a few ingredients that I think are important in a carrot cake. I expected the cinnamon to play a stronger roll, but I was hardly able to taste it. The papaya gave it a tropical flavor that was just out of place.