Carrot Cake Cupcake Green Rooibos

Fruit Herbal Rooibos Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaEqualsBliss

From Simpson & Vail

The latest addition to our popular dessert teas are these cupcake teas! Available in Red Velvet Cupcake, Carrot Cake Cupcake and Strawberry Cupcake.

I love carrot cake, whether it’s in a loaf or in cupcake form. What I don’t like is that “some” people always feel the need to add raisins to what is already perfection. Don’t mess with success people! And what I do like about this rooibos tea version, is that you get all that lovely carrot cake goodness with none of the calories (and no wrinkled little grapes!). The dry leaf has a delicate aroma of carrot cake spices. The brewed cup is full flavored and fabulous with the smell of just baked carrot cake.

Ingredients: Organic green rooibos, papaya pieces, organic cinnamon chips, safflowers, and flavoring.

Brew tea at 212º – steep for 5 minutes.

Caffeine Free. Certified Kosher

About Simpson & Vail View company

It really does smell like carrot cake. The flavour is a bit more mild, but I can taste some carrot cake.

With this tea, I mostly taste cinnamon and after that, vanilla. I only kind of taste carrot cake. It’s very good but it is missing something. It definitely makes me think of carrot cake, but I think if I was drinking this without knowing the flavor, I might not pick up on that.

(sample came from the 2nd herbal traveling tea box)

I like the coconut one better. This one has a fairly nondescript creamy taste, but I’m not getting carrot cake. It’s not bad by any means and if I was placing an order, I might throw a bit in my basket to reach the free ship minimum, but it’s definitely not a must-have in my opinion. Also, I greatly prefer the Della Terra version, even though it’s seasonal and/or discontinued. Either way, nice and creamy, a vague bready flavor, I added sweetener, so it’s sweet, but other than that I’m not getting carrot cake.

3 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

I’ve had this one a while, haven’t tried it yet. It was in a thin baggie next to a cantaloupe tea, so I think the flavor got a little contaminated. Either way, I’m not sure how this is carrot cake. Green rooibos? Papaya? This is not carrot cake. I don’t think all of the ingredients were listed in the description either… there seems to be many other things there. The flavor is spicy at first from the cinnamon, but otherwise it is mild flavored and a little fruity (and I’m trying to ignore the cantaloupe, but there is still something else fruity there. Carrot isn’t a fruit. The description complains about carrot cake made with raisins, but I’m just glad carrot cake isn’t made with these ingredients. This tastes more like fruit cake! Ah well, the other two cupcake teas from S&V were much better.
Steep #1 // 1 1/2 tsp // just boiled // 5+ min steep

OK admitting that I really neglected to pay attention to steeping parameters. This might have steeped for 15 minutes or more. OOOOoooops. I’m blaming the cat – somehow this must have been the cats fault.

Not sure that this is carrot cake, but it does have some of those spices. What I am getting though is the icing – cream cheese icing. Yep spice and icing – and I like it. All the other cheesecake teas, or cake teas – I never really get the “tang” of the cheese cake – this one really has it. Fun little tea, not sure I need to keep it in my cupboard, but was a nice experience.