Chocolate Mint

Black Herbal Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Rachel Sincere

• “This is my library tea. Brings me back to the spring when I was ripping through my first pouch of Della Terra's Shamrocks and Shenanigans whilst tying up the school year amidst bookery and...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 757 tasting notes
  • “I had too much sherbet at lunch so I had a bit of a tummyache. And I'm out of Moroccan Mint, which is generally a staple for me, and great for gut-rot. I decided to haul this one out, hoping it...” Read full tasting note
    ladyveg 100 tasting notes

From Simpson & Vail

For a refreshing, delicious tea that tastes like a sinful dessert, but doesn’t have all the calories, we’ve taken the decadent flavor of dark chocolate and delicately blended it with the intriguing, subtle mint sweetness of Spearmint. Perfect for an afternoon treat!

Ingredients: black teas, spearmint leaves and chocolate flavor.

Brew tea at 212º – steep for 3 minutes.

Certified Kosher

About Simpson & Vail View company

This is my library tea. Brings me back to the spring when I was ripping through my first pouch of Della Terra’s Shamrocks and Shenanigans whilst tying up the school year amidst bookery and such.

Interestingly enough, this tastes better in my Timolino. Or maybe I just watched the steeping parameters more closely this time. Or the west coast water is changing the flavour profile. Too many variables at play here. Nevertheless, it’s refreshingly minty, the base isn’t too astringent or bold, and the chocolate is sort of there, sort of not.

Upping the rating from 72 since I realize that I rated previous things higher which obviously aren’t as good. On that note, thanks to the web designers/administrators/Steepster creators for the nifty rating bar which marks off where you rated the previous five teas. Truly helpful, at least for me.

Tea Sipper

Now if only the bar could say what number it has been moved to…

Fjellrev

Now that’s a good point. I wholeheartedly agree. Lots of guessing work sometimes.

I had too much sherbet at lunch so I had a bit of a tummyache. And I’m out of Moroccan Mint, which is generally a staple for me, and great for gut-rot. I decided to haul this one out, hoping it would do the trick. Anyway, the taste is mostly of chocolate, with a minty aftertaste. It’s delicious, but I would like it better if it were mintier. I don’t get the taste of the black tea in the background at all. I’ll probably use this up or give/trade some away but it won’t be a go-to like the Moroccan Mint is.