Chocolate Mint

Black Herbal Blend
Candy, Chocolate, Cream, Mint, Smooth, Drying
Edit tea info Last updated by Rachel Sincere

• “This is my library tea. Brings me back to the spring when I was ripping through my first pouch of Della Terra's Shamrocks and Shenanigans whilst tying up the school year amidst bookery and...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 848 tasting notes
  • “I had too much sherbet at lunch so I had a bit of a tummyache. And I'm out of Moroccan Mint, which is generally a staple for me, and great for gut-rot. I decided to haul this one out, hoping it...” Read full tasting note
    ladyveg 100 tasting notes
  • “Try #1 got botched by BCAA showing up to jump my (now-former) car, so now I'm drinking try #2. Dunno what I did this time around (as opposed to last time), however I'm getting chocolate juiciness...” Read full tasting note
    MissB_Tea 1146 tasting notes
  • “I just have time for a quick review of this tea before my meeting that starts in 3 minutes. I drank this while finishing my presentation for said meeting, which completed 15 minutes ago because I...” Read full tasting note
    mj1851 268 tasting notes

From Simpson & Vail

For a refreshing, delicious tea that tastes like a sinful dessert, but doesn’t have all the calories, we’ve taken the decadent flavor of dark chocolate and delicately blended it with the intriguing, subtle mint sweetness of Spearmint. Perfect for an afternoon treat!

Ingredients: black teas, spearmint leaves and chocolate flavor.

Brew tea at 212º – steep for 3 minutes.

Certified Kosher

About Simpson & Vail View company

This is my library tea. Brings me back to the spring when I was ripping through my first pouch of Della Terra’s Shamrocks and Shenanigans whilst tying up the school year amidst bookery and such.

Interestingly enough, this tastes better in my Timolino. Or maybe I just watched the steeping parameters more closely this time. Or the west coast water is changing the flavour profile. Too many variables at play here. Nevertheless, it’s refreshingly minty, the base isn’t too astringent or bold, and the chocolate is sort of there, sort of not.

Upping the rating from 72 since I realize that I rated previous things higher which obviously aren’t as good. On that note, thanks to the web designers/administrators/Steepster creators for the nifty rating bar which marks off where you rated the previous five teas. Truly helpful, at least for me.

Tea Sipper

Now if only the bar could say what number it has been moved to…

Fjellrev

Now that’s a good point. I wholeheartedly agree. Lots of guessing work sometimes.

I had too much sherbet at lunch so I had a bit of a tummyache. And I’m out of Moroccan Mint, which is generally a staple for me, and great for gut-rot. I decided to haul this one out, hoping it would do the trick. Anyway, the taste is mostly of chocolate, with a minty aftertaste. It’s delicious, but I would like it better if it were mintier. I don’t get the taste of the black tea in the background at all. I’ll probably use this up or give/trade some away but it won’t be a go-to like the Moroccan Mint is.

Try #1 got botched by BCAA showing up to jump my (now-former) car, so now I’m drinking try #2. Dunno what I did this time around (as opposed to last time), however I’m getting chocolate juiciness with a hint of mint. It’s really delicious today!

Flavors: Candy, Chocolate, Cream, Mint, Smooth

I just have time for a quick review of this tea before my meeting that starts in 3 minutes. I drank this while finishing my presentation for said meeting, which completed 15 minutes ago because I live in the land of procrastination where I rule as queen. Anyway, at first sniff I was like “Holy mint monkeys!”, but the taste was much more tame. It was pretty much exactly as you’d expect? Chocolate, mint, tea. It left a funny taste in my mouth, but that could have been adrenaline from trying to beat my deadline. I’d have to say in the rankings of chocolate mint tea, it’d have to go:
1. Read my lips- DT
2. Chocolate mint- H&S
3. Chocolate mint- S&V

This was my first S&V tea though! Thanks Miss B for putting it in the grab bag!

MissB

Oh yay! Glad you enjoyed it. I’m sure the presentation will go swimmingly. :)

mj

I am enjoying trying all the teas you sent. You are really good at putting together surprise boxes! The presentation did go well- the boss is happy and thinks I can start writing a paper for publication soon!! Check your messages :-)

whatshesaid

If you are the queen then I’m the court jester in the land of procrastination!