Black Currant Black Tea

Black Fruit Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by __Morgana__

1 Tasting Note View all

• “I meant to record a tasting note for this a while back and I see I never did. I must have been distracted. Probably had some rejection slips pop into my mail box which sent me scurrying to find...” Read full tasting note
    __Morgana__ 951 tasting notes

From Simpson & Vail

(Ribes nigru) Black Currants are the fruit from the perennial Ribes plant and are enjoyed for their taste and their high Vitamin content. Originally native to northern Europe, Black currants are cultivated today in many areas. These berries, in addition to being enjoyed on their own, are found in many jellies, syrups and cordials. They are also a great accompaniment in sauces for savory dishes.

The flavor of Black Currants is tart with a slight touch of sweetness, they have a pungent, musky flavor. This blend brews to a bright amber cup with the distinctive tart, sweet black currant taste.

Ingredients: Black teas, black currant leaves and flavoring.

Brew tea at 212º – steep for 3 minutes.

Certified Kosher

About Simpson & Vail View company

1 Tasting Note

I meant to record a tasting note for this a while back and I see I never did. I must have been distracted. Probably had some rejection slips pop into my mail box which sent me scurrying to find another market to send a story to. ;-)

I’ll have to go back to it and write a more in-the-moment reflection, but the good news is this is a memorable tea. Even without having tasted it in three months I remember a thick mouth feel and a really nice currenty raisiny flavor over a mild and tasty black tea base. More later, but I didn’t want to leave this one naked. It’s cold out there.