Coconut Black Tea

Black Fruit Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Rachel Sincere

• “This reminds me exactly of coconut bread! It has a nice fresh coconut taste and the tea base must give it the breadiness. With a bit of cream - very nice! Yum. Thank you *Courtney*, for sharing...” Read full tasting note
    caile 160 tasting notes
  • “One thing I find that Simpson & Vail is really good at is creating teas with one extra flavoring ingredient and making them delicious (one fine example: their hazelnut tea). This is shown in this...” Read full tasting note
    ladyveg 100 tasting notes
  • “This is a coconut black tea. No hidden agenda. Coconut and black tea - and you can actually taste the coconut! None of this, coconut black tea with coconut flakes but no coconut taste. It's awesome...” Read full tasting note
    Courtney 678 tasting notes

From Simpson & Vail

As children my brother Jim and I never liked the taste of coconuts. He and I always dreaded celebrating the birthdays of our brothers, Tim and Pete, because their cake of choice was always coconut cream pie, which meant we never had any of their birthday cake. Sometimes I wondered if they just chose that dessert because they knew Jim and I wouldn’t eat them. As a young adult I tried fresh coconut on a trip to St John USVI. That opened my eyes to the exotic taste that is coconut and I gained a new appreciation for all things coconut.

Whenever we make this blend in our store for people to try, their faces light up in delight and they always end up leaving with a small bag of this tea. It seems the world has more coconut lovers than just Tim and Pete. If you’re one too, I’m sure you’ll savor this exotic island taste.

Ingredients: black teas, coconut flavor and coconut pieces.

Brew tea at 212º – steep for 3 minutes.

Certified Kosher

About Simpson & Vail View company

This reminds me exactly of coconut bread! It has a nice fresh coconut taste and the tea base must give it the breadiness. With a bit of cream – very nice! Yum.
Thank you Courtney, for sharing this with me!!

Courtney

Yay! I love this one. :)

caile

Almost as good as coconut buns from the Chinese market! ;-)

Courtney

Gaaah those are amazing.

One thing I find that Simpson & Vail is really good at is creating teas with one extra flavoring ingredient and making them delicious (one fine example: their hazelnut tea). This is shown in this coconut blend. When I look at the dry leaf, the coconut is a fresh bright white, and when I drink the tea, I can taste that fresh coconut! It’s delicious. I drink it sweetened with no milk, but I bet it would taste really decadent with some coconut milk in it. This tea is highly fragrant and I recommend that if you purchase it you get it out of the paper bag and into a tin right away before it makes all your other teas smell like coconut. Just a word from the wise. ;-)

This is a coconut black tea. No hidden agenda. Coconut and black tea – and you can actually taste the coconut! None of this, coconut black tea with coconut flakes but no coconut taste. It’s awesome when a tea truly delivers on the name.

jessiwrites

Simpson & Vail do a good job of that! I haven’t been disappointed with anything I’ve tried from them.