Pumpkin Spice Black Tea (Pumpkin Pie)

Edit tea info Last updated by Courtney

• “New order arrived from Simpson & Vail today - I was excited and I picked this as the first thing to try. Steeped for around 3 minutes and with a little bit of soymilk added. I am finding the...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2464 tasting notes
  • “I'm glad to see the tasting notes up and running again. I drank Pumpkin Pie Black again yesterday and enjoyed it even more, so I'll bump up the rating. The first time I had it, I had the...” Read full tasting note
    djahls 166 tasting notes
  • “WOW! Upfront...I already KNOW this is my fave Pumpkin Spice Flavored Tea to date! Most of them are too harsh, too fake/artificial, too cinnamon and no pumpkin, etc...NOT this one! This is nice! ...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes
  • “Yummy! Tastes like baked pumpkin pie custard (no crust) and black tea. The tea base is not overwhelming, but it does provide a pleasant tasting base. Smooth and even-tempered. It takes a...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4449 tasting notes

From Simpson & Vail

The stories of pumpkins, both in history and fables, make this fall fruit a staple in American diets. Their importance in American history began when the Native American Indians saved the Pilgrims from starvation by sharing this fall favorite. From fairies creating a pumpkin coach for Cinderella to Peter, Peter Pumpkin Eater to the endless faces of Jack-o’-lanterns, we have grown up with pumpkins as a part of our culture. Every fall I watch with delight as the pumpkins reach maturity, anxiously awaiting the tastes of pumpkin soups, pumpkin breads, and, of course, pumpkin pie!

This blend combines black teas with pumpkin and spice flavor to create a deep amber cup that is velvety smooth and aromatic. Its light, delicious taste is reminiscent of pumpkin custard. This tea, enjoyed year round, just adds another sensory delight to the mystique of the pumpkin!

Ingredients: black teas, pumpkin flavor and marigold petals.

Brew tea at 212ºF – steep for 3 minutes.

About Simpson & Vail View company

New order arrived from Simpson & Vail today – I was excited and I picked this as the first thing to try.

Steeped for around 3 minutes and with a little bit of soymilk added. I am finding the flavor to be slightly artifical tasting to me but it does taste a lot like pumpkin with a big wallop of nutmeg. Adding a bit of sugar helped it along and make it more dessert like. I’m not sure I will order this again but it’s definitely a nice tea for fall. I admit I was hoping for something a bit different but flavored teas are always kind of hit or miss for me. I do have a whole tin of it now so maybe someone would like a sample?

TheTeaFairy

I never really liked a pumpkin tea until Butiki’s Pumpkin creme brulee, and more recently Della Terra’s Grandma’s pumpkin pie. they have none of that artificial flavour you pointed out.

TeaBrat

The Della Terra tea is good, I haven’t tried Butiki’s yet.

I’m glad to see the tasting notes up and running again. I drank Pumpkin Pie Black again yesterday and enjoyed it even more, so I’ll bump up the rating. The first time I had it, I had the expectation of a stronger, more spicy Chai like tea, whereas this is more subtle, but it is wonderfully flavorful and I kept drinking cup after cup. The key is not to over-steep. I found just under 3 minutes was good.

WOW! Upfront…I already KNOW this is my fave Pumpkin Spice Flavored Tea to date! Most of them are too harsh, too fake/artificial, too cinnamon and no pumpkin, etc…NOT this one! This is nice! It’s a semi-sweet pumpkin paired with just enough spice…it’s not JUST cinnamon…there is more to it than that…it seems. In addition it’s quite CREAMY, too! I was rather shocked about that trait of the taste but it’s darn right tasty and has just the right amount of attitude! I REALLY like this! Two thumbs up S&V!

DaisyChubb

You’re really peaking my interest with this Simpson and Vail!

Caitlin

Sounds yummy and perfect for fall.

TeaEqualsBliss

S&V is AWESOME! Great Company!!!! Highly Suggest!!!!

DaisyChubb

Thanks! I’ll check out their website for sure :D

Megs

Mmm, this sounds delicious. I may have to place (yet another) tea order ;-)

It takes a few sips for the pumpkin flavor to really develop. The first couple of sips were flavorful, I could taste the spice, but, the pumpkin tasted a bit distant. But now that I’m halfway through my mug, the pumpkin flavor tastes amazing. Rich, flavorful, savory yet sweet. YUMMMMMMM!

I bought this tea a while ago but have never really had a craving for it. I decided to pull it out today. It has a nice mild pumpkin smell. I added 2 Splenda to the cup, as I do. When drinking it, what I notice the most is the creaminess. There’s a little spice flavor and a little pumpkin flavor and a little black tea flavor. Just a nicely flavored tea with a hugely creamy mouthfeel.

As far as pumpkin spice teas go, this is more pumpkin than spice. In fact, there doesn’t seem to be any spices in the mix; no pieces of cinnamon, no cloves, nothing like that. It doesn’t smell particularly spicy either. Just the faintest whiff of them under pumpkin.

The spice comes out in the taste, but like others have said, it’s subtle. It’s got a definite pumpkiny flavor though. Not bad for the fall at all, and probably nice mixed with a little chai.