Chocolate Orange Black Tea

Edit tea info Last updated by TeaBrat

• “This probably isn't a tea that one should be drinking at 10 am, but here goes nothing. I don't expect a lot from flavored tea most of the time but this was a pleasant surprise. I love the black...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2469 tasting notes
  • “Hmm, I think this is even better as a cold brew than hot. I was hesitant to try it out since I wasn't sure how the chocolate note would translate, but it works here. The orange wakes up a bit more...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 826 tasting notes

From Simpson & Vail

This blend may not be for everyone, but if you enjoy the sumptuous taste of chocolate and oranges this blend is worthy of your taste buds. Some people consider this a classic holiday or winter taste combination. I consider this a tasty treat that I enjoy all year long! We’ve combined black teas from China and Sri Lanka with the sweet, rich flavor of dark chocolate, a touch of natural orange oil and a sprinkling of orange peel. The bright amber colored cup has a delicious, sinful aroma and a taste that will envelop your taste buds in sheer ecstasy.

Ingredients: black teas, orange peel, chocolate flavor and natural orange flavor.

Brew tea at 212º – steep for 3 minutes.

About Simpson & Vail View company

This probably isn’t a tea that one should be drinking at 10 am, but here goes nothing.

I don’t expect a lot from flavored tea most of the time but this was a pleasant surprise. I love the black tea base here which is a mix of Ceylon and a Chinese tea. It provides a rich background for the chocolate, which I can definitely taste, and the orange, which is refreshing and very natural tasting. You do see some bits of dried orange peel in the blend and they also used orange oil. Nice that it doesn’t seem artificial at all.

This is so tasty, rich and delicious. Simpson & Vail has created a real dessert tea winner here, IMHO. I had mine with soymilk but it would be good plain too. I only got 1 oz. which won’t last very long. :)

Indigobloom

that sounds amaaaazing. Wow.

mmmmm this sounds delicious!

TeaBrat

I thought so!

Kittenna

You are writing too many reviews about Simpson & Vail teas, and now I want to try them too! Good thing you mentioned a lack of sample sizes available on the website :D

TeaBrat

well, they sell everything by the 1 oz, happily

Kittenna

Noooooo, ignorance was bliss…. D:

i really want to try a lot of these now based on your reviews!

Hmm, I think this is even better as a cold brew than hot. I was hesitant to try it out since I wasn’t sure how the chocolate note would translate, but it works here. The orange wakes up a bit more and the base seems to prefer the cold.

Now to figure out what to steep over the next two days since I’ve helped organize a conference and will be running around all weekend. I think the caterers are going to bring either Stash or Two Leaves and a Bud or something but I need a backup plan. :)

TheTeaFairy

Good luck on the conference!

Fjellrev

Thanks!

OMGsrsly

Hope you have fun this weekend. :)

Anna