Lychee Congou

Black Tea, Lychee
Lychee
Edit tea info Last updated by AllanK

• “Sipdown, 133. Cold brew. I cold brewed this (and removed the leaves) before I left on my trip, so in one respect it was nice to have some already-brewed iced tea waiting for me when I got back....” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 1987 tasting notes
  • “I brewed this in a 64 oz iced tea pot and put it in a thermos for work. I did not end up finishing it but I had plenty of tea. It is slightly sweet from the Lychee flavoring, slightly, very...” Read full tasting note
    AllanK 206 tasting notes

From Simpson & Vail

If you haven’t tried this tea then you’re in for a surprise! Lychee Congou is a medium leafed China black tea that has been naturally scented with lychee.

Cultivated in many places in Asia as well as other places around the globe, lychee cultivation has been recorded as far back as 2000BC in China. Wild trees still grow in the Guangdong province where it is thought that they originated.

Lychees, introduced to the west in the late 1700’s, have a taste that is sweet and slightly tart. The fruit has an intoxicating aroma and taste, which combines well with this China black tea. Lychee Congou brews to a deep copper color with a sweet, floral taste.

Brew tea at 212º – steep for 3 minutes.

About Simpson & Vail View company

1987 tasting notes

Sipdown, 133. Cold brew. I cold brewed this (and removed the leaves) before I left on my trip, so in one respect it was nice to have some already-brewed iced tea waiting for me when I got back. Also, it happens to be a sipdown. With the teas I brought back plus the ones I got in the mail while I was away, my cupboard is at 133, which is pretty darn good still.

As I expected, this was a delicious cold brew. I think the lychee flavor came out a bit more even, and it was nice and refreshing. Love lychee cold brews, so I will definitely be having those regularly in the next few months, especially since it is stupid hot here right now.

Iced

glad to have you back!

Dinosara

Good to be back!

I brewed this in a 64 oz iced tea pot and put it in a thermos for work. I did not end up finishing it but I had plenty of tea. It is slightly sweet from the Lychee flavoring, slightly, very slightly bitter, and very slightly astringent. It is a fairly good mix, no one flavor is overpowering.

I brewed this once in a 64oz iced tea pot with 8 tsp leaf and boiling water for 3 min. I then put it in a thermos and brought it to work.

Flavors: Lychee

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 8 tsp 64 OZ / 1892 ML
TeaBrat

this sounds like it would be good as an iced tea. :)

AllanK

I have been meaning to try it iced, haven’t gotten around to it.