Candy Cane Organic Rooibos Herbal Tisane

Herbal Rooibos Blend
Peppermint, Vanilla, Cream, Mint, White Chocolate
Edit tea info Last updated by Sil

• “I have so much of this that I forget about it, because it's sitting in a HUGE tin parked under my tea bags and sweetener. So today I pulled it out, because gosh darn it, it's yummy for when I want...” Read full tasting note
    MissB_Tea 1146 tasting notes
  • “OMG this is sweet. Like really, REALLY sweet. When I took my first sip I was expecting far more mint but this really puts the "candy" in candy cane! I want to love this but I can't help but wish...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 2015 tasting notes
  • “2nd rooibos tea blend of the afternoon. I haven't been drinking this much since the holidays. This is one tisane I actually prefer to underleaf a bit since I find the mint so overpowering. There...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2542 tasting notes
  • “Yup! This smells and tastes like Candy Cane! I'm super excited S&V made this with a GREEN Rooibos Base...I don't think I have had a Candy Cane Flavored GREEN Rooibos before so that's...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes

From Simpson & Vail

I’ve often thought it was a shame that candy canes are only commercially popular in the winter season. Our local candy shop makes them in about 4 flavors, but only during the winter months. I know that’s when they sell the most, of course, but I want them more often. I love the refreshing, sweet taste of these holiday treats. So naturally I was determined to make a tea blend that would allow me to enjoy this taste all year long. Through much testing, we decided we liked the taste best on our organic green rooibos. And since the candy cane flavor is natural we were happy to be able to offer this organic herbal blend that will delight young and old alike.

It’s fabulous hot or iced (so yes you can enjoy it in the summer too!) and with no added sugar, this calorie free blend is sure to please. The aroma of the dry leaf is amazing – a definite mood booster – with its euphoric aroma of minty sweetness. When brewed, this herbal blend has a taste that is tingly, refreshing, and harkens me back to my childhood – or rather just last December….. The taste lingers delicately and deliciously on the tongue. A cup of this tea brings joy to our day and we hope it does the same for you!

Ingredients: Organic green Rooibos, natural candy cane flavor, organic stevia, and red and white organic cornflower petals.

Brew tea at 212º – steep for 5 minutes.

Caffeine free

About Simpson & Vail View company

SIPDOWN! (101)

This tea was given to me by TeaBrat. She added it to a swap just out of the kindness of her heart. :) Overall, I find it pretty good, and caffeine-free options are always nice in the evening. I did a shorter steep this time around so the peppermint flavor would be a bit less intense. My only issue with this blend is the stevia – it adds a weird faux sugar aftertaste that I don’t like. I wish they would leave that out and allow people to sweeten it themselves if they choose to. I think a little bit of vanilla would be helpful too, just to give it that sweetness that candy canes obviously have.

I’m happy that I got the chance to try this blend, but it’s not something I would restock. But I’m not the biggest mint fan either, especially peppermint. :P

Edit: I hope I’m not annoying anyone with all of these sipdown notes… I realize they don’t have much substance! Don’t worry, I’ll go back to writing meaningful tasting notes soon.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
Dexter

If the tasting note conveys your thoughts on the tea then it’s meaningful. :))

Cameron B.

You know what I mean! :P Smarty-pants.

Dexter

I was trying to say that we are interested in your thoughts and impressions – this style of note is just as meaningful as the more technical style.
(I’m also not a mint fan…..)

Cameron B.

Well that’s sweet of you to say. I was mostly concerned because of the volume of these notes I’ve been posting. Don’t want to spam up anyone’s dashboard!

Sarsonator

I just dropped by to say: “Eeeeeew MINT!!!” :p

Dexter

LOL no worries, my dashboard was a little slow tonight – I actually enjoyed the “spam” ;))

Sarsonator

OMG. I just realized that this makes me a troll.

A MINT TROLL!!!!!

TeaBrat

Agree, most of the time I don’t like stevia in things either.

SSTTB: Pick #6

I think prior to this I’ve only had two Simpson & Veil teas; the rootbeer one and then a strawberry cupcake sorta one. You can tell neither really left an impression. I really wanted to keep exploring the company though, so I took advantage of the large bag of this one to make a cold brew of it!

Dry I didn’t smell a lot, but I do really enjoy green rooibos so I figured that if all else failed I’d just have a nice cold brew of green rooibos to sip on at work and it’d be another blend tried. But this definitely packed a powerful punch of flavour! It tasted exactly like a candy cane: not just mint but also a creaminess to it and a weighty vanilla flavour. There also seemed to be a smooth white chocolate vibe to this.

It was insanely refreshing and smooth to drink and I absolutely enjoyed chugging drinking it on break today. It was the perfect pick me up from a long, drawn out work day. Seriously, it feels like this week has been dragging on forever (but maybe that’s just because I’m super excited for Barcraft and seeing Tyrell again).

I feel this one has left a really positive impression with me and I think it was a needed push to not give up on Simpson & Veil just yet. Totally not ready to make an order with them or anything, but I’m feeling encouraged to look out for samples in swaps and such. And if I ever do feel like I have enough to justify an order I’m sure this’ll probably be included.

Flavors: Cream, Mint, Vanilla, White Chocolate

VariaTEA

I wanted to like this one but the use of sweetener in the blend was very offputting to me. I am glad your experience was better than mine.

Thank you, MissB for sharing some of this treasure with me (227). It really is liquid candy cane.
It really is delcious. It really is the perfect cup before bed…

MissB

Agreed! I bought a pound of it I love it so, and am more than willing to share more if you ever want another fix.

Cavocorax

Wow – that IS love, although I bet this one gets added points for being kid-friendly. :D And thanks, I’ll let you know. I’m always open for future swaps if something catches your eye.

Thanks so much for this one, MissB! Sweetness, peppermint… dead on for a candy cane! I still haven’t decided whether I like this one or Tiesta’s Minty Winter Wonderland better. They’re similar enough that I don’t feel the need to regularly stock both, but one of them definitely needs to be on hand.