Violet Rose Black Tea

Edit tea info Last updated by Dinosara

• “This has got to be the most potent tea I have ever had in my cupboard. Even just touching the bags its in, my hands smell like violets. This tea comes to me thanks to...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 2182 tasting notes
  • “Giving this the same rating I gave S&V’s violet tea because, well…it tastes the same. The violet overpowers the rose completely, and if there weren’t big pink rose petals in...” Read full tasting note
    Orphia 44 tasting notes
  • “I didnt want anything overly nice this morning. Do you ever have those mornings, when really, its just an unexceptional cup of tea that you want? They’re rare, but its a good time to drink...” Read full tasting note
    Rosehips 1318 tasting notes
  • “I received this tea in an order which I also received the S&V violet tea and was thinking that the two teas would be more similar than they are. The violet harmonizes with the rose to create a...” Read full tasting note
    piam 24 tasting notes

From Simpson & Vail

Our violet tea was so popular that we decided to take the floral sensation one step further. We added our delicate, fragrant violet flavor to black Rose Congou to create a deep amber cup with an incomparable bouquet and a flavor that is absolutely heavenly.

About Simpson & Vail View company

This has got to be the most potent tea I have ever had in my cupboard. Even just touching the bags its in, my hands smell like violets. This tea comes to me thanks to PositiviTEA.

From a distance this smells mainly like violet. STRONG violet. But when I sniff the tea up close, a clear rose congou aroma comes out and battles the violet for supremacy. Holy wow, this is a floral tea. I mean, I love florals and this is possibly a bit much for me. It’s actually calming down a bit as it cools, and while the rose is definitely there, the major flavor is VIOLET. I’m not sure that I love violet that much; I bought some violet candies once thinking that I would love them just as much as I love my rose candies, but I could never really get into them. I think this tea is the same way. That being said, I am still enjoying this tea a fair amount, as the base tea is smooth and nice, and the whole thing has even a light sweetness about it that complements it well. Happy to have finally tried a mostly violet tea, though, because I have been curious for a while.

i find a lot of the S&V teas are SUPER strong smelling

Giving this the same rating I gave S&V’s violet tea because, well…it tastes the same. The violet overpowers the rose completely, and if there weren’t big pink rose petals in the dry mix, I’d think I was just drinking violet tea. I like violet, but I was hoping for something a little different, you know?

That said, it is visually a very pretty tea with all those rose petals. They just can’t compete with the strong violet flavor.

I didnt want anything overly nice this morning. Do you ever have those mornings, when really, its just an unexceptional cup of tea that you want? They’re rare, but its a good time to drink something you are only meh on.
I will say that this is better than a lot of the teas that I got from S&V, but I still find it underwhelming.
Well, it was an interesting tea experiement, I suppose.

keychange

I have absolutely 100% had mornings when I just want a cup of meh tea. It’s funny how that happens.

TheTeaFairy

Ditto, I also have a meh tea tin section on my cabinet that I need to go to every now and then. Tea that requires no fuss, that doesn’t require any effort on my part and offers no surprises!

Sami Kelsh

Yep, I totally have meh tea days. I don’t know why, but it’s true.

gmathis

No-brainer, no-fuss teas are essential at my house.

Rosehips

Whew! I am glad to hear I am not alone.

I received this tea in an order which I also received the S&V violet tea and was thinking that the two teas would be more similar than they are. The violet harmonizes with the rose to create a unique floral sensation. It is smooth and relaxing and is truly lovely. I imagine sitting in a Victorian tea house, drinking out of elegant china while wearing a beautiful vintage hat. This will probably become a stable in my personal tea cupboard -)

Very strong violet, less rose. Would have preferred a better balance. Won’t buy again.