Gu Zhang Mao Jian Organic Green Tea

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Paula

1 Tasting Note View all

• “Backlog from last night. Of the samples Simpson & Vail sent me, I went for this one first. This definitely is a light gentle green tea. I got lots of fruitiness from this one. The fruit was...” Read full tasting note
    Mandyyyy 171 tasting notes

From Simpson & Vail

Gu Zhang Mao Jian is one of the most delicate greens that we have tasted with a light, slightly sweet, fruity, rose taste.

About Simpson & Vail View company

1 Tasting Note

Backlog from last night.

Of the samples Simpson & Vail sent me, I went for this one first. This definitely is a light gentle green tea. I got lots of fruitiness from this one. The fruit was distinct enough that I double checked that this wasn’t a flavored tea. As far as I can see it’s not, which is impressive. There’s also a bit of a floral note in it.

Second steeping brought forth some astringency. The fruit was still there, but mellowed out a bit. The floral note is more noticeable at this point though.

Third steeping is much more astringent. I’m not really a fan of astringency so this was the end of this session.

Tea junkie

This green tea sounds a bit interesting to me. Although I prefer my greens very grassy, very vegetal. Your note caught my attention.

Mandy

Me too, I love my vegetal teas. Probably my favorite kind of tea is a good vegetal green. But the fruity notes really surprised me in this one!

Tea junkie

Might look into getting some………….. eventually.