White Ambrosia

White Tea
Apricot Flavour, Flower Petals, Mango Flavor
Apricot, Mango
Edit tea info Last updated by AllanK

• “This is another awesome blend from S&V. A very tasty Snowbud white tea blended with fruit flavors and beautiful orange flower petals I’ve never seen in a tea blend before, as well as...” Read full tasting note
    tea-sipper 2012 tasting notes
  • “This tea is quite good. I brewed it with 6g of tea in an 18 oz teapot for 3 min, one steep, 185 degree water. The flavors of the apricot and mango really come through although the tea has a...” Read full tasting note
    AllanK 1115 tasting notes

From Simpson & Vail

The base tea for this heavenly blend is our Snowbud white tea. Snowbud, a traditional budset white tea, comes from the Fujian Province in China. Plump buds are plucked and processed to produce this delicate white tea. Available land for farming in Fujian is limited, as the province is mountainous and has many forests, however tea cultivation and production is one of Fujian’s major crops. In fact, once upon a time Fujian was the only place where white tea was produced.

This delectable blend combines Snowbud white tea, with flower petals and apricot and mango flavors to create a truly exquisite cup! We’ve tried it hot and iced and, frankly, it’s a toss up as to which we prefer most – we love it both ways. The aroma is enticing and mouthwatering and the taste is light and delicate with the fruit flavors tasting fresh and slightly sweet. White Ambrosia was an instant hit here – we think you’ll also find this to be true!

Ingredients: Snowbuds white tea, cornflowers, orange blossoms, and fruit flavors.

Brew: 2 tsp tea in 8 oz. water (at 175°), steep for 4 minutes.

Certified Kosher

About Simpson & Vail View company

2012 tasting notes

This is another awesome blend from S&V. A very tasty Snowbud white tea blended with fruit flavors and beautiful orange flower petals I’ve never seen in a tea blend before, as well as gorgeous blue cornflowers. It’s tough to distinguish which type of fruits exactly (the description says apricot and mango) but they pair very deliciously with the white tea. I bet it’s also great iced. There are also floral tasting qualities as well as having a milk oolong type flavor. I’d almost like to try the base without the fruit flavors, but I’m glad they aren’t overpowering the white tea. I can’t describe how tasty this is! Using just boiled water with the second steep didn’t make it oversteeped at all. It was nice that way. It’s such a refreshing and bright cup.
Steep #1 // 1 1/2 teaspoons for a full mug// 20 minutes after boiling // 2 minute steep
Steep #2 // just boiled // 3 minute steep

This tea is quite good. I brewed it with 6g of tea in an 18 oz teapot for 3 min, one steep, 185 degree water. The flavors of the apricot and mango really come through although the tea has a slightly smoky flavor too. I can’t properly describe this other flavor but it is not an off taste. This tea is sold by Simpson and Vail, an excellent tea shop with reasonable prices at www.svtea.com.

Flavors: Apricot, Mango