Creme de la Berry

Green Tea
Kosher
Edit tea info Last updated by Tamarindel

• “Thanks for this, Tamarindel! This one reminds me of spring somehow. A lovely green tea with strawberry and chocolate. Since there is also a creamy scented element, the blend probably reminds me...” Read full tasting note
    tea-sipper 2029 tasting notes
  • “Cold steeped this one too, but ughhh, that was not a good idea. The chocolate notes, which I couldn’t taste at all when I steeped at 180F, are now very strong but also very bitter. The hay...” Read full tasting note
    tamarindel 486 tasting notes

From Simpson & Vail

Delicate and delectable – you’ll fall in love with this new green tea blend! We’ve combined a Chinese green tea with strawberry fruit pieces, organic cacao nibs, and a fragrant fresh strawberry flavoring, to create a blend that is refreshing and aromatic. The tea brews to a distinctive ecru cup with a light strawberry cream taste and just a hint of chocolate.

Contains: Green tea, organic cacao nibs, flavoring and strawberry fruit pieces.

Brew tea at 180º – steep for 2-3 minutes.

Certified Kosher

About Simpson & Vail View company

2029 tasting notes

Thanks for this, Tamarindel! This one reminds me of spring somehow. A lovely green tea with strawberry and chocolate. Since there is also a creamy scented element, the blend probably reminds me of a chocolate covered strawberry cream candy (and the green tea could look like grass in an Easter basket!). Yum! I don’t see too many cocoa nibs within the blend, but the taste of cocoa is there. Both strawberry flavoring and strawberry pieces represent the strawberry. I think they work very well with the green tea that is both refreshing and showcases the chocolate and strawberry. A delicious, sweet tasting cup. It’s almost the green tea version of S&V’s strawberry cupcake blend!
Steep #1 // 2 teaspoons for a full mug// 32 minutes after boiling // 2 minute steep
Steep #2 // 25 minutes after boiling // 3 minute steep

Cold steeped this one too, but ughhh, that was not a good idea. The chocolate notes, which I couldn’t taste at all when I steeped at 180F, are now very strong but also very bitter. The hay notes are still there, and the astringency is somehow stronger than ever. I do get some of the strawberry, but it is overwhelmed by everything else happening in the glass. Welp, experiment concluded. This is NOT the way to prepare this tea.

Iced 8 min or more 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML