Mrs. Grey's Blend

Edit tea info Last updated by wheezybee
Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 12 oz / 354 ml

• “I had a note written, but then I clicked on "suggest a flavour" and it 1) didn't open in a new window, and 2) lost my note. Thank you, wheezybee, for sharing it with me. I appreciate it a lot. Not...” Read full tasting note
    OMGsrsly 1517 tasting notes
  • “This was one of the samples provided for my Battle of the Earl Greys project, and it made for a fun morning of sharing the kitchen with my husband! The dry aroma was definitely my favorite part...” Read full tasting note
    wheezybee 251 tasting notes

From Simpson & Vail

Earl Grey teas, traditionally, were blends comprised of varying black teas with Bergamot oil added to them. Today, any tea (green, white, herbal) that is sprayed with Bergamot oil is known as Earl Grey (such as our Emerald Green Earl Grey, Rooibos Earl Grey, …).

An interesting black tea blend that has the fragrant aroma and flavor of our Earl Grey with orange and lemon peels that creates a refreshing taste sensation. Delicious when iced!

Bergamot oil comes from the rind of the bergamot orange, which grows on the citrus tree Citrus bergamia. The oil expressed from the rind is used, in addition to making Earl Grey tea blends, quite frequently in the cosmetic industry. Bergamot oil can be found in soaps, lotions, oils and perfumes and has been said to help alleviate depression as well as used as a digestive aid and used to help skin irregularities (such as psoriasis).

Earl Grey tea is a favorite with bakers in many culinary recipes. It goes especially well with cakes, cookies, confections and any recipe with chocolate!

Brew tea at 212º – steep for 3 minutes.

Certified Kosher

About Simpson & Vail View company

I had a note written, but then I clicked on “suggest a flavour” and it 1) didn’t open in a new window, and 2) lost my note.

Thank you, wheezybee, for sharing it with me. I appreciate it a lot. Not a favourite, not too different, but nice to try.

1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
Starfevre

I did this too. Next time right click and save the email address and then send later at your leisure.

OMGsrsly

I saw that. SIGH. I was expecting it to be another pop up thing like so many things are. :/ Once I get used to this, and the worst quirks get worked out, this is gonna be one slick redesign!

Starfevre

I’m enjoying most of it, just little critiques and things to learn. Once the database gets populated with the new data, it’s all going to be very slick, yes.

OMGsrsly

I will be interested to see how it all works for others who use different accessibility software.

The dry aroma was definitely my favorite part – you can definitely pick out the elements of the traditional Earl Grey flavor profile, with its rich black blend of teas and the spicy punch of bergamot oil. The orange and lemon peels added their own layers to the wonderful smell, although they did not translate as overtly into the steeped tea.

It actually tasted more like a straightforward Earl Grey than a variation blend, and I think I’ll wait until I have some fresh lemon on hand to brew the rest of this up. The cold version had just enough of a citrus kick to make you crave more, and I think an iced cup with some floating lemon would be absolutely delightful!

You can read my full review at: