Special Orange Blend

Orange Zest
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaBrat
Boiling 3 min, 15 sec 64 oz / 1892 ml

• “Tea of the morning here but I can see how this would be a great afternoon tea as well... I was really worried I wouldn't like this after I realized there was bergamot in it, given that I'm not the...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2422 tasting notes
  • “I brewed this in the morning before work in a big 64oz iced tea pot and put it in a thermos for work. This is an excellent tea. It is mildly sweet from the orange peel, but not too sweet. There is...” Read full tasting note
    AllanK 161 tasting notes

From Simpson & Vail

One of Mr. Vail’s 15 original tea blends.

Indian teas are mixed with a touch of Earl Grey and sweet orange peel to produce Special Orange Blend, a deliciously fragrant, full bodied black tea with citrus undertones. This amber colored cup has an uplifting taste that is a perfect afternoon tea.

About Simpson & Vail View company

Tea of the morning here but I can see how this would be a great afternoon tea as well…

I was really worried I wouldn’t like this after I realized there was bergamot in it, given that I’m not the biggest fan of Earl Grey. It really works here somehow. The orange and the bergamot definitely compliment each other and I am finding this to be really refreshing and almost juicy. Reminds me a bit of Paris from Harney and Sons but different. Great with a splash of soymilk and only tiniest bit of astringency in the finish.

I’m glad I ordered 4 oz. of it!

I brewed this in the morning before work in a big 64oz iced tea pot and put it in a thermos for work. This is an excellent tea. It is mildly sweet from the orange peel, but not too sweet. There is a little bit of bitterness but not much. It is purely on the back burner, the orange flavor dominates.

I brewed this once in a 64oz iced tea pot with 8 tsp leaf and boiling water for 3 min. I proceeded to drink it all day and shared it with some of my co workers.

Flavors: Orange Zest

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 8 tsp 64 OZ / 1892 ML
TeaBrat

I like this too, I need to start drinking it more often :)