Vietnam Imperial Oolong

Oolong Tea
Floral
Kosher
Edit tea info Last updated by Mandy

• “Bought a one ounce sample of this with my last order. This is particularly good. It brews up to a nice floral tasting cup with just a hint of bitterness, that characteristic oolong flavor that can...” Read full tasting note
    AllanK 238 tasting notes
  • “*L&C TTB* Tasty! kinda sweet, a little roasty tasting. Easy to drink. Nice after it cools. (Work was crazy yet again today, and I had a couple of infusions of this that wound up sitting longer...” Read full tasting note
    cheri0627 450 tasting notes
  • “*Backlog* I cold brewed this yesterday and took it with me to Disney. This is delicious, roasty, honey, sweet, cold brewed this was fabulous and refreshing and still yummy when it got hot from the...” Read full tasting note
    Mandyyyy 279 tasting notes

From Simpson & Vail

The tea culture in Vietnam has been alive and thriving for thousands of years. The Vietnamese drink vast amounts of tea that is produced within its borders, however, due to wars and conflicts through the years the tea in Vietnam has not been plentiful or in some cases handled with enough care and knowledge to make it a recognized tea in the world-wide market. That has all changed in recent years though. The tea growers in Vietnam have received help from Taiwanese growers in producing exquisite pouchong style oolong teas.

Oolong teas, aka wulong, are made from large leaves that are produced in the late Spring. Unlike other types of tea that contain the top leaves and the buds of the bush, oolong teas are large well formed leaves that will sometimes also contain the stem of the bush. Oolongs differ from green, black and white teas by the method of processing and are the most labor intensive tea to produce. Each type of Oolong varies in the percentage of oxidation and the method in which it is processed (some are twisted, tippy leaves, some are cut, some are rolled into small balls).

These tightly curled, deep olive-green leaves unravel to produce a pale green cup with a refreshing sweet and smooth taste. The tea has outstanding notes of honey with a slight spice aftertaste. A truly superior tea!

Brew tea at 180º – steep for 2 minutes. Try multiple infusions (let the tea steep for approximately 15 seconds longer on each subsequent infusion).

About Simpson & Vail View company

Bought a one ounce sample of this with my last order. This is particularly good. It brews up to a nice floral tasting cup with just a hint of bitterness, that characteristic oolong flavor that can be bitter. The dry leaves smell amazing on this tea, very floral. This is a tea I find myself wanting more of. Simpson and Vail does not get much press on Steepster but I am a big fan of their teas and especially their prices. Their teas may not be quite as good as Butiki, but their prices are far better. There teas may be half as good as Butiki but that is debatable. What is not debatable is that their prices are less than half that of Butiki. For good value priced tea Simpson and Vail is hard to beat. I have never gotten a true low quality tea from them and I have always gotten a good value.

I brewed this once in an 18oz teapot with 2.5 tsp leaf and 175 degree water for 2 min.

Flavors: Floral

L&C TTB

Tasty!

kinda sweet, a little roasty tasting.

Easy to drink.

Nice after it cools. (Work was crazy yet again today, and I had a couple of infusions of this that wound up sitting longer than planned.)

Backlog
I cold brewed this yesterday and took it with me to Disney. This is delicious, roasty, honey, sweet, cold brewed this was fabulous and refreshing and still yummy when it got hot from the Florida heat. This is on my repurchase list. My favorite of the samples I received from Sampson & Vail.