Summertime Earl Grey

Edit tea info Last updated by John Grebe

From Simpson & Vail

Don’t let the name fool you, this tea can be enjoyed anytime of the year! The tea has a smooth, refreshing, light peach taste with subtle Earl Grey undertones. Brew tea at 212º – steep for 3 minutes.

About Simpson & Vail View company

I have been wanting to try this one for a while!!!! Thanks LiberTEAS!

I have found I am getting bored with many Earl Greys so I am challenging myself to try the ones with a twist and the highest rated ones. This one doesn’t have a really high rating because of some scoring it REALLY low but it does have a twist and that is what made me wonder.

Here’s my take on it…

Dry Smell was black tea, a little peach, and what reminded me of Strawberries, actually…so much so that I thought it was supposed to have Strawberries in the blend but it doesn’t say so in the description.

Post infusion aroma is TO_DIE_FOR Peach!!! I LOVE Peach! It’s rare if I don’t like a reach flavored tea, now that I think of it.

It looks like a typical black tea

The taste is smoother than I thought it would be – almost creamy. The black tea flavor is present. There is a great deal of PEACH for your peach lovers! There is a hint of spice…which I am assuming is the ‘earl grey type hint’. This taste is gently hanging out in the background and could be missed for some.

The taste of this tea is wonderful! My palate really enjoys it. I suppose if you are looking for a stereotypical EG – this is not it. If you are looking for a twist and like peach – YOU WILL HAVE TO TRY THIS!!!!! If you are not into peach…you might not dig it…BUT…luck for me! I do and I am…I came, I saw, I sipped! I LOVED. I really REALLY like this!

I know this would ROCK iced, too! The more I drink the more I like! 2 thumbs up from me on this one!

Laura

That does sound good! Tempted to order some when we’re settled.
Your post makes me want to steep something now, despite how hot it has been! Thanks for the inspiration!

I’m not getting a lot of bergamot from this blend – I can definitely taste the peach flavor, though. The bergamot IS there… lingering in the background, but this is definitely not a typical Earl Grey – not the strong, ballsy bergamot kind of Earl Grey, anyway.

But it’s not a bad tasting tea either. I wouldn’t call it a peach flavored tea – more like a peach-y, citrus-y, flower-y kind of taste. Not quite bergamot, not quite peach… but definitely interesting!

TeaEqualsBliss

Ooooooo…sounds like I would like it…with the Peach, I mean!!!!

Cofftea

Oooh sounds delish!

LiberTEAS

As it cools a bit, I am getting more bergamot from it. It’s still a softer, gentler bergamot though. I like it, it’s definitely different.

KeenTeaThyme

I’ve got to try this out. I’m forever in a quest to find an Earl Grey blend I like, and this seems perfect. Thanks for the review – I’m on it! :)

The name is perfect for this one – it’s summertime in a cup! From the gorgeous Baltic amber color to the absolutely wonderful peach flavor, I’m really, really enjoying it!

Now, that said, sometimes for your own happiness you just have to take a piece of information and drop it. For example, I can’t watch The Queen of the Damned if I try to line it up at all with the books. I have to think of it in its own alternate universe. That’s how I stay in my happy place. For this tea, well, drop the “Earl Grey” from the name. This is a peach-flavored black, and a good one at that.

It’s delicious hot, and pretty good iced as well. It’s one that I’m going to keep in my cupboard… with those two words crossed off the title! ;)

Pictures and full review here:

Suspect notes of peach, a little artificial flave over empowers the whole brew. Didn’t see it coming

Do not expect Earl Grey from this tea. It does not taste like Earl Grey. To me, it tasted more like peach-flavored black tea, which I like the taste of. As they say, your mileage may vary. I liked it once it got cold, too, but, again, your mileage may vary.

The steeping time I put in was for a pot (2 or 3 cup pot) of it.

Not much Earl, too much berry, Did not taste good cold. Not worth it.