Lilac Bouquet

Edit tea info Last updated by tea-sipper

From Simpson & Vail

Romance of the leaves! Springtime wouldn’t be complete without the intoxicating aroma of lilacs blooming! Towards the end of every winter I anxiously check my lilac bushes every day for the new growth that heralds the end of the snowy season. In bloom, their aroma has the ability to brighten my day and make all my dreams seem possible. I cut the blooms and place them in a vase in my car so I can carry their abundant fragrance with me on my travels.

We created this floral tea so that I can enjoy the amazing aroma of lilacs at any time of the year. This tea blend brews to a deep amber cup with a fragrant taste that leaves a delightful flowery aftertaste on the palate.

Ingredients: Black teas, erica flowers and lilac flavor.

Brew tea at 212º – steep for 3 minutes.

Certified Kosher

About Simpson & Vail View company

My goodness, this really smells like the real deal and it tastes really good. Wonderful cure for the wintertime blues. Very girly, girly, but not cloying or too sweet. Maybe a spice cookie to offset it.

Standard black tea with tiny purple lilac buds, lightly floral and delicious. Would buy again.

2044 tasting notes

Oh I love the tiny little buds in this tea! Such a nice touch… the flowers so tiny you can barely see them. Lilac season is almost here! There are a few lilac bushes in the yard — probably the best time of year for the yard while they are in bloom. Maybe because it’s towards the end of winter I can’t really say how much this tea resembles lilacs, but the tea is certainly floral enough while not being too much for me. Nothing can really beat fresh lilacs though. First steep session, one teaspoon didn’t seem enough for my tastes. With a teaspoon and a half, I get a depth of black tea that pairs perfectly with the floral – a nice brisk black tea. There aren’t too many floral teas in my collection (especially not unless they are jasmine), so I’m very happy I bought a bit of this one. Will be drinking it especially in Spring! The price was amazing too. I wish others would give S&V a chance. They have been around since the 1920s! Nothing but positive things to say about online ordering… though I do wish they would use different packaging for the teas. svtea.com
Steep #1 // 1 1/2 teaspoons for a full mug// few minutes after boiling // 3 minute steep
Steep #2 // just boiled // 3-4 minute steep

__Morgana__

I just had an S&V this morning. :-)

tea-sipper

I just received a S&V order this morning. haha. :D

Christie Lee

Interesting! Would you say that the flavor is similar to the fragrance of lilac? :)

tea-sipper

It’s hard to tell if it is exactly like lilac, but it is definitely floral and definitely much more like lilac than jasmine would be.

Christie Lee

It has spiked my curiosity! I have yet to try any lilac teas… or lilac inspired anything for that matter. Thanks for the quick reply! :)

AllanK

Simpson and Vail is probably my favorite US independent tea store. They have good quality tea at reasonable prices.

Nope, just not my cup of tea. Nothing I can do makes it taste like anything but perfumed powder or soap. It’s more like something I’d want to wear, not drink. Seems as far as florals go, lilac isn’t for me.