Organic Bancha

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jennkay

• “I've been wanting to have some more green teas lately. That might be do to visit a Tea House on Sunday. Pretty sure I've never had this type of tea before. Nice scent, kinda like veggies. The...” Read full tasting note
    Lariel 347 tasting notes
  • “Backlog. I left some of this cold brewing in the fridge. As usual, I totally let it sit there and steep for longer than I should have. So this time around, it was less sweet, more grassy, and more...” Read full tasting note
    jennkay19 421 tasting notes
  • “Despite my love of Japanese green teas I've never had the opportunity to try Bancha before. I know very little about it other than it is considered to be more mellow flavored than Sencha. I'm not...” Read full tasting note
    shortsorceress 1773 tasting notes
  • “Water: 8oz Leaves: medium sized flat leaves Steep: 1m~2m Aroma: Vegetable Color: Light green Taste: This is my second Japanese green tea, I was quite excited to try this one see that it was a...” Read full tasting note
    Alreot 50 tasting notes

From Single Origin Teas

Bancha is picked in the later summer in Japan. Broader leaves are used, with a slightly higher level of oxidation that brings out tones of hay and sea breeze. A more robust tea than Sencha, Bancha is an everyday tea consumed at most meals.

Fresh, crisp and clean, our organic Bancha allows for a more mellow tea suitable for all times of the year. Banchas are often overlooked in favour of Senchas, but we feel that our Bancha offers a classic brew well worth exploring, especially as it gives a good idea of the diversity of Japanese teas.

With all green teas, we would strongly suggest not using boiling water. Let the water cool for a couple minutes, which will ensure a less bitter brew

About Single Origin Teas View company

I’ve been wanting to have some more green teas lately. That might be do to visit a Tea House on Sunday. Pretty sure I’ve never had this type of tea before. Nice scent, kinda like veggies. The flavour is mild, and a little sweet.

Backlog. I left some of this cold brewing in the fridge. As usual, I totally let it sit there and steep for longer than I should have. So this time around, it was less sweet, more grassy, and more bitter. I never even thought to cold brew a bancha before, but I’m not gonna rule it out after this. I think I just need to keep a better eye on it.

Despite my love of Japanese green teas I’ve never had the opportunity to try Bancha before. I know very little about it other than it is considered to be more mellow flavored than Sencha. I’m not particularly a fan of Sencha, it tends to be more bitter than I care for, but Bancha is another story entirely. When brewed using traditional Japanese methods this tea has a mildly sweet flavor and buttery texture that becomes more pronounced as the tea cools. The flavors aren’t nearly as bold or astringent as many other Japanese green teas that I’ve tried, making it a great tea for beginning tea drinkers or anyone looking to pair their tea a meal. By waiting this long to try Bancha I’ve been missing out, this tea is one I could enjoy every day and never tire of.

I would like to thank Single Origin Teas for sending me this sample for review

For the rest of my review please visit my blog:

Water: 8oz

Leaves: medium sized flat leaves

Steep: 1m~2m

Aroma: Vegetable

Color: Light green

Taste: This is my second Japanese green tea, I was quite excited to try this one see that it was a good everyday type of tea from what i had read online. So i went a head to steep it the smell was nice and vegetable. One thing that I found quite surprising was the size of the leaves, they were larger than that other green teas I’ve tried. Overall this tea was very nice and packed quite a bit of flavor as well.

*Thank you Single Origin Teas for this sample!