Grapefruit Tea

Black Tea, Natural Grapefruit Flavor
Grapefruit
Edit tea info Last updated by Gooseberry Spoon

2 Images

• “I was excited to try this sample as I love grapefruit. Like I’ve been eating about 5 a week for the last few months L-O-V-E. Surprisingly I’ve never thought to look for a grapefruit...” Read full tasting note
    GooseberrySpoon 52 tasting notes
  • “T&C TTB#15: This smells like tons of grapefruit but the flavor is much milder. It could be a bit stronger in flavor and the base could still handle it, I think. But...” Read full tasting note
    nburriss 750 tasting notes
  • “This is a really good alternative to Earl Grey. The dry leaves are overwhelmingly grapefruit, it smells like the zest of 100 grapefruits. KEEP Read full tasting note
    dcs121989 35 tasting notes

From Single Origin Teas

Grapefruit rind and essence mixed with a rich Chinese black tea makes an excellent blend for our grapefruit tea. With little astringency due to the citrus, grapefruit tea makes a delicious breakfast tea. Pieces of white grapefruit gives this flavored tea a beautiful appearance and a lovely aroma.

We find that this Grapefruit tea makes an excellent alternative to Earl Grey. The exotic taste of the grapefruit blends perfectly with the tea to create a highly aromatic cup of tea!

About Single Origin Teas View company

I was excited to try this sample as I love grapefruit. Like I’ve been eating about 5 a week for the last few months L-O-V-E. Surprisingly I’ve never thought to look for a grapefruit tea…I’ve just never come across one on my own and probably assumed it wasn’t a popular flavor. I do know a lot of grapefruit haters out there although I don’t know what they have against it now that the markets are saturated with the newer sweeter ruby varieties. Maybe they need to become easy to peel? I saw some white grapefruits a few months ago being sold as “cocktail grapefruits”, they were twice as much per pound than I usually pay so I didn’t get any and of course I have regretted it ever since. Of course they haven’t returned since, but then again the other grapefruits are getting sad now so I guess the season is over…all the better for having this tea then.

This tea is pretty much what I never knew I wanted earl gray to taste like. It has an amazing grapefruit zest flavor. It is spot on what I smell and taste when I peel a grapefruit. There’s no weird artificial flavor, nothing that’s missing, just high bright citrusy goodness with a solid black tea background to hold it together. I got a second steep from this but the black tea was weaker and the citrus note a bit more pithy. Still good though.

This will definitely be able to tide me over in the off season.

Flavors: Grapefruit

rosebudmelissa

I haven’t had this one, but Adagio has a good Grapefruit Oolong.

Gooseberry Spoon

I’ll have to try to try some sometime.

T&C TTB#15: This smells like tons of grapefruit but the flavor is much milder. It could be a bit stronger in flavor and the base could still handle it, I think. But this isn’t artificial in anyway and as noted in another review, it would make a good EG substitute if you didn’t care for bergamot.

This is a really good alternative to Earl Grey.
KEEP CALM.
The steeped leaves are also very grapefruit-y. The liquor is a deep reddish-amber with a mellow citrus-y aroma. The grapefruit is at the forefront, but it does not overwhelm the flavor of the tea. There is a very nice secondary floral note, and the tea leaves a subtle citrus flavor behind. It isn’t the least bit astringent.