Edit tea info Last updated by Rabs

1 Tasting Note View all

• “I've been following a hard-core "not allowed to buy new tea unless it's the one I've been drinking non-stop for months" rule. And I'd been doing really good too -- until this tea. I stumbled...” Read full tasting note
    Rabs 356 tasting notes

From Sisters of the Black Moon

From the website:
Our organic Blue Smoke Tea is a heavily smoked high grade Lapsang Souchong black tea gently blended with bergamot, lavender, a hint of cream and finished with blue corn flower buds. This is a smokey tea with subtle floral notes followed by a rich and citrusy finish.

About Sisters of the Black Moon View company

1 Tasting Note

I’ve been following a hard-core “not allowed to buy new tea unless it’s the one I’ve been drinking non-stop for months” rule. And I’d been doing really good too — until this tea.

I stumbled across the tea after checking out the Sisters of the Black Moon’s essential oils based on an online recommendation. And I love me some smoky tea, so I bought it on an impulse. I’M SO GLAD THAT I DID!

It’s a small amount of tea for the price, but after my first cup (about an hour ago) I bought two more tins.

It’s like two of my favorite teas (Rosy Earl Grey and Black Dragon) had a tea-baby. It’s wonderfully smoky in a perfect smoky-way, but the bergamot — OH the bergamot! This is a deliciously wonderful smoky floral tea — I didn’t know such a thing could exist. It’s done the rare thing where I feel like in the after-taste the underside of my tongue goes “squee!” I just get an overall wonderful taste sensation (gosh, that sounds like a terrible tv ad) that is crazy-rare for me with tea.

If you like smoky tea and have some extra tea money, then I cannot recommend this enough. Seriously, it got me back onto Steepster after another embarrassingly-long absence from Steepster. TG