Popcorn Tea

Green Tea, Popped Rice
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Sleepy Leaf

From Sleepy Leaf

Genmaicha, or Popcorn Tea as we prefer to call it, is a speciality Japanese green tea that’s blended with fire toasted rice. High grade Japan sencha leaves provide the fresh vegetative character of green tea whilst the toasted rice brings a slightly nutty-like flavour and natural sweetness. A unique and delicious tasting tea.

Tastes naturally sweet, toasty flavour with vegetative green freshness.

About Sleepy Leaf View company

I really like this tea with just a sweetener added, really makes for an addictive drink! Certainly one of my favourite green teas.

A tasty treat! Not exactly popcorn – but there are some popped corns in this rice/green tea and I really enjoyed it. Very more-ish!

Snap, crackle and pop! Well it’s not quite Rice Krispies, but it is certainly a unique taste and one I’m loving! I’ve tasted a few different popcorn teas and this one is the best I’ve had by far!

I love green tea and like to give a few different styles a try now and then to change things a little. I had heard of popcorn tea before from teapigs and got a sample from them and thought it was ok but nothing special. I decided to give this Sleepy Leaf popcorn tea a try and I have to say I’m addicted to it now! Different but great and I love the toasted corn flavour you get.