Heavenly Cream

Edit tea info Last updated by oliveoyl

• “This was my splurge yesterday hehe, 4 tins of Sloane tea! First of all, BEAUTIFUL packaging. I am in love with the small tins, they are sooo delicate! And the box is so pretty too, and it says how...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 906 tasting notes
  • “So I gave some samples of this in little window boxes to a friend last year(and the EG classic from Sloane as well), for her bday. Didn't hear anything of it til a few weeks ago, when she told me...” Read full tasting note
    indigobloom 1300 tasting notes
  • “I had to double-check the label on the tin because this smelled very much like an earl grey when I opened it and I thought I'd mixed it up with the Earl Grey Classic in my sampler set. I'm glad to...” Read full tasting note
    JillDragon 1587 tasting notes
  • “So Heavenly Cream is just another name for Creamy Earl Grey. And I am more than OK with that. The dry tea smells very strong of bergamot. I actually had to double check the tin to make sure I...” Read full tasting note
    Lala1 765 tasting notes

From Sloane Tea Company

Heavenly Cream
A divine tea, full of creamy richness and velvety smoothness- heavenly in every way. A beautiful long leaf Ceylon base, is blended with balanced notes of bergamot and creamy vanilla.

Tea Profile
Golden amber liquor, medium-bodied, velvety smooth with a lengthy and creamy vanilla linger.

Taste and Strength
Delightfully smooth and richly satisfying.

About Sloane Tea Company View company

This was my splurge yesterday hehe, 4 tins of Sloane tea! First of all, BEAUTIFUL packaging. I am in love with the small tins, they are sooo delicate! And the box is so pretty too, and it says how to brew all the teas + the ingredients on the box! Yay for ingredients, because I couldn’t actually find any on the site, and having a nut allergy, this made me a bit apprehensive lol. But I digress..onto the tea!

The dry smell is soooo yummy. It has a wonderful cream scent in there. I love that the EG classic also came in this set, because I could compare the two and you can definitely smell more bergamot in the classic lol. I might have to have a cup after to compare flavors too.

I steeped for 4 mins, as suggested time was 4-6 for only 6 oz of water, and I am super terrified of strong black tea, so I went with the min, although that even seemed a bit long, and also a bit more water. Oh, and I just used my brew basket, not the provided satchets, although those may come in handy at work hehe. The steeped smell is very nice, it actually is reminding me of Paris by Harneys quite a bit, must be the vanilla flavors. There is also a sweet scent underneath, similar to fruity but also like caramel? Lol, that doesn’t make sense. Well, that’s what the nose is saying today (allergies are also running rampant lol).

Ohh yessss, this is really quite delicious. It is SO reminding me of Paris, but without the fruity aftertaste. This is really quite good. Darn it, I don’t want it to be super good, because then I will have to spring for an order probably at some point….haha, not for a while yet though! And with the 4 minute steep, it is not bitter nor too weak, although I might try a short steeping next time just to see if it’s even creamier than it is now. I think I like Ceylon bases in tea as well, although I am not a very hardcore black tea drinker and don’t know much about them haha, but it seems like the blends I like list Ceylon as the base. But I’m babbling (sorry, I am excited about new tea hehe) so I will stop now haha.

Overall, a very nice tea. I am very pleased I finally picked some of this up, because it’s a wonderful blend of cream and bergamot with a delicious black base. +1 for Sloane Teas so far!

ETA – As it cools, more of the black tea flavor comes out, but it’s still tasting pretty good. Not quite as much creaminess, well, except in the aftertaste it is still there, yay!

i don’t like bergamot…but i picked up the divine cream the other day because it’s an earl grey caramel… i havne’t tried it yet… eesh

MissLena

I saw that one and I was soooo tempted…but I couldn’t justify only one kind when I could get 4 for twice the price hehe :P next time, it looks so yummy! You should try it and let me know how it is :D have no fear!

look on the bright side – heavenly cream is one of their staples so at least it’ll always be there when you want more. heh

MissLena

Haha that is good at least :D it will be waiting for me…lol

So I gave some samples of this in little window boxes to a friend last year(and the EG classic from Sloane as well), for her bday. Didn’t hear anything of it til a few weeks ago, when she told me she loved it!!
Well, her bday is coming up again so guess what I did… I bought her a tin. She actually squealed! I was happy to spread the tea love. Even if it was via the eeeevil bergamot haha.
Also, we arranged a friend’s baby shower and handed some of the window boxes out as gifts. This was yesterday. I chose this one, the rouge provence, and oolong creme. Shouldn’t be long before I get someone asking me where I bought them! :P
Oh yah, and baby shower planning is exhausting! but ohhhhh so much fun!!!

I had to double-check the label on the tin because this smelled very much like an earl grey when I opened it and I thought I’d mixed it up with the Earl Grey Classic in my sampler set. I’m glad to be proven wrong though because, even though there is a distinct tang of bergamot, it’s definitely the vanilla cream that dominates. The tea has such a sweet, rich flavour even though I brewed this cup plain with no milk or sweeteners. I’ll try it with a longer steep and milk next but even as is it’s an excellent blend.

TeaBrat

Their tins are so pretty…

The dry tea smells very strong of bergamot. I actually had to double check the tin to make sure I grabbed the right one.

The brewed tea smells and tatse like a medium, smooth, black base, with strong bergamot flavour. There are also notes of creamy vanilla. The tea is very creamy and smooth, but also heavy.

Delicious!

Miss Starfish

Beautiful presentation/tin too!

Heavenly Cream is the most popular of the Sloane Tea Blends. Think of it as an elegant, full-bodied Earl Grey where strong and proper flavors meet with soft and creamy ones. It’s a good quality classic tea with a few extra notes of deliciousness added in to make it extra special. This is a fantastic tea for autumn or winter, and is perfect with a splash of milk.

Here is my full review of Sloane’s Heavenly Cream:

This is my favourite tea. I like it best in the morning, especially if I have an early morning class. It’s sweet and delicate, and the aroma is wonderful! I don’t let it steep as much as normal earl grey, but I like weaker tea than most, so that might not be a problem for most. I’m on my last sachet now, and the place I got it from doesn’t sell it anymore, but it’s definitely worth searching for!