Persian Palace

Edit tea info Last updated by oliveoyl

From Sloane Tea Company

A fine and tippy Assam tea characterized by golden long leaves providing for a rich liquor that blends beautifully well with the romance of roses and whole green cardamom.

Tea Profile
Rich amber liquor, medium-bodied and brisk with a sweet piquancy and rose linger.

Taste and Strength
Beautifully bodied and fragrantly floral.

About Sloane Tea Company View company

I had a sample of this today while visiting the sloane pop up shop for their RIDICULOUS SALE. As far as the guy i talked to remember, this happens maybe once every couple of years. sooooo self imposed may ban is out the window so i’m going to try and aim for mid june, and if i can make it through mid june, i’ll kick it all the way to my birthday in mid july….or 10 days before that so that Us orders have time to arrive before my bday lol

This one wasn’t too bad, though it wasn’t as exciting as i hope it would be. there was some astringency that i didn’t like to it but mostly there wasn’t much happening with flavour. Compared to some of the other sloane blends, this is much inferior. The cardamon was nicely done..but it wasn’t too exciting.

Nicole

They have lovely tins! I would have been so sunk with a sale. :)

Nicole – HALF OFF! it’s unheard of! I’m surprised i walked away with as few as i did.

Nicole

Half off???? Good lord. I was already looking at their site and wondering how much shipping would be for several tins at full price. I would have been out of control at half off. :)

yeah it’s a funny thing, they rarely have sales online – usually only at their pop up store in toronto. next pop up store is november, and they always have at least 20% near the end of the pop up shop. Worse case, when it gets closer to that time, send me a shopping list, i can always pick it up and mail it to save a bit. heh

1 tablespoon for 248 ml

Too much astringency near the end of the sip. Very rosy and floral flavour. Wheat-like mouth-feel. Spices present in the background. Leaves a pleasant lingering aftertaste with citrus notes.

Rating: 46

Ysaurella

I’m in love with the tin !

I love the tins this company puts their teas in.

Indigobloom

oh darn, I was hoping it was just me that wasn’t in love with this one. Girl at the shop was all over it!
The tins… omg the tins. Sighs

Kittenna

Haha, I guess I’ll be trying this one? :P

I’m EXTREMELY picky about flowery teas. Most of the times, I can’t get over the overwhelming potpourri smell/taste. Thankfully, this is the perfect amount of floral for me—just enough of a rose flavour to make it stand apart from the black line up in my cupboard, but subtle enough that I don’t imagine drinking old lady bath water. I’m loving that this is an Assam base, too, because it adds such a rounded, malty note. A nice, simple afternoon tea for when I’m craving something slightly different. Mmm. Plus, omg Sloane tins. Is it bad I want the tins just as much as I want the teas inside them? They’re ridiculous. So beautiful!

Incredible! I am Persian and this is the most authentic re-creation of a Persian tea that I had growing up that I have ever tasted… I’ve tried similar blends by Ahmad Tea, Tea Pigs, etc. and this one by far is superior! Very well done!