Oh My Darjeeling

Dark Bittersweet, Peppercorn
Edit tea info Last updated by Indigobloom

From Sloane Tea Company

Product description not available yet.

About Sloane Tea Company View company

Is Steepster down? I haven’t got any new notes on my feed. The last one (except for yours Dinosara) is from ten hrs ago?! Strange.

Anyhow, I’ve had this one a couple times and it’s yet to impress. I mean, for the rep of the brand, I thought it would be jaw on the floor yum but it’s just average yum. In fact, I’ve had darjeelings that I loved more?
It’s missing that sparkle and dryness I so love in a good darj.
I need to play around with the steeping parameters. This last cup (backlog from yesterday) was made with water from the coffee machine. So I’ll hold off on rating for now. It could just be finicky and I need to find the wow setting!
Also, my seasonal allergies may have affected my impression, though that wouldn’t account for the other two cups I had last month!

keychange

Love the dryness of a good darj!

Dinosara

I checked the explore feature because I noticed the same thing but there appears to literally have been no notes from people I was following during that time. Maybe Steepster was down all last night?

keychange

I’m also only seeing dinisara’s post and then one from nine hours ago, so it’s not just you.

Indigobloom

Keychange… meeeee too :D but there are more postings now! thankfully!
Dinosara, I guess the server was down for awhile. Atleast it happened while I was sleeping hahaa

keychange

I know! gotta get my steepster fix!

Indigobloom

Exactly ;)
For the first time in months, I’m actually caught up on reading reviews for the moment haha. (if you, don’t count the hundreds I missed out on prior to yesterday that won’t load anyhow :P)

Sipdown! Many thanks to Indigobloom for giving me a sample of this to try.

It’s a Monday, and I’m going to do my bookkeeping for tax season. I haven’t started yet, but I figured that something dark like this would give me the fortitude to buckle down and try. I think I oversteeped/overleafed this a bit in an attempt to get the sipdown, but it’s not incredibly bitter. The tea smells dark – like smoke, or pepper, or dark chocolate – and this is carried over, albeit not as strongly, in the taste.

Not sure if I’d want to keep this in stock, but at least I’m getting an impression of what black teas I like. So far, I think I’m still going to stick with flavoured blends over straight ones.

Flavors: Dark Bittersweet, Peppercorn