Mountain Berry

Fruit Herbal Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by SpecialTea Brew

From SpecialTEA Brew

Mountain Berry Tea Type: Herbals

Ingredients: Hibiscus flower, rose hips, orange peel, cornflower petals and blueberries

About SpecialTEA Brew View company

The dry leaf of this tea is really beautiful. So colorful! Lovely! The aroma is berry-like… but I have to admit that I’m a little worried about the hibiscus… I have my fingers crossed that it won’t be too overwhelming…

Wow… this is TART. I tried brewing it for a shorter than usual brew time (normally I brew fruit blends like this for 8 minutes, but I steeped it for just 5), but I still got that sort of thick hibiscus-y syrup when I started to strain the tea. After some sweetener and some ice cubes, I find that it is much better – this tea should be iced. It is still on the tart side, but it’s much better this way.

Fortunately the hibiscus is not the only taste in this cup, I can taste the berries… in fact, it tastes like a tart berry… and it is tasty. Not something I would drink on a regular basis though… I think it would be better blended with honeybush, or maybe green or white tea like it was suggested on TeaEqualsBliss’s tasting note of this tea.

“…that sort of thick hibiscus-y syrup…”

I realize I’m strange, but that phrase right there makes me want to try this tea. I love that in hibiscus blends.

Have you ever tried Hibisca?

No…what is it?

Meghann M

The line about the Hibiscus-y syrup caught my attention too. Will definitely have to look for this tea.

Meghann M

Jaime-I googled Hibisca and it looks like it is a drink mixer, here’s the website:

I need to find a friend from NC. Becuase I have got to get some of that!!

Too Hibiscusy-Tarty-Fruity-Puckery for my liking. But if I were to try and look past that…the notes I might make are the orange/Citrus notes are nice…but still overly tart

I’m on the look-out for some tart teas…putting this one on the list!

SpecialTea Brew

Great feedback TeaEqualsBliss :) I like to mix this tea with a white or green tea and a touch of rock sugar. The green / white tea really cuts down on the Puckery part :) the sugar of course also helps! Thanks again for try ;0) oooo and iced is better in my opinion too!

SpecialTea Brew – Thanks so much! I am going to try and blend with WHITE!!!! LOVE that idea!