Golden Spice Blend

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Kristin
190 °F / 87 °C 8 min or more

From SpecialTeas

This exotic multi-faceted blend will awaken your senses and warm your soul. The peppery zing of the ginger combines with the soothing, cooling qualities. of fennel and star anise for a unique tea-drinking experience that starts out exhilarating and leaves you feeling relaxed and restored. The natural sweetness makes this an infusion that can be enjoyed on its own or with a touch of frothy milk.

Recommendations: Use 2 heaping tsp. per 6 oz. cup; heat fresh water to a roaring boil; steep for 7-10 min.

Ingredients: Ginger, cinnamon, apple bits, fennel, coriander, star anise, licorice root.

About SpecialTeas View company

I ordered a really large bag of this because SpecialTeas didn’t have a sample size and when I opened the bag and smelled it I was worried that I wasn’t going to like it. It smells very lemony to me before brewing. I can also smell some anise in the pre-brewed mixed but it didn’t smell spicy or gingery like I expected. The look of the tea is very entertaining as it has large pieces of cinnamon stick and dried ginger. It looks like someone ground up a stick.

Once brewed, I love it. The smell is complex and I can start to really smell the coriander and ginger. I was still worried at this point because the smell is very different from what I expected. I added a little agave nectar to it and then tasted it. It tastes like candied ginger with asian flavors and has a nice roundness. The spices hit you gently in the back of the throat. It definitely lives up to its description as exotic. The more I drank, the more I wanted. When the cup was empty I was very sad. When I was done with this tea, it left me with a nice warm feeling in my chest for a long time. I think this tea would also be great if you have a cold.

The licorice flavors in this are very background (in case you are a licorice hater like me; although i do like star anise, fyi).

Brewed 2 tsp to 11 oz for 10 minutes.

190 °F / 87 °C 8 min or more
Jim Marks

Sounds like a great tea for upset stomach, head cold or flu symptoms.

Yep! But, I think I am just going to drink it all the time. :) ❤